The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

RIP EJ8... (NEW CAR! pg 5)

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 08:29 PM
Default RE: RIP EJ8...

If I had the money I'd jump on that sol, I love those cars. Its a shame about your car though, it was one of my favorites off this site.

Old 07-15-2007, 02:23 PM
HCF Member

dam, what a kick in the *****, finally done, and what happens the car gets wrecked, now i am aftaid to do my swap lol.

I would say go with the sol, i think they are teh sex lol, and that black one is nice.

Old 07-15-2007, 09:16 PM
HCF Member

Wow, I've been missing a lot. Looking at those pictures of the damage for me is like looking at somebody with a gunshot wound in their skull.

Championship white 99 or del sol is a tough choice. I've always wanted a delsol and that one you're looking at looks real nice. Either way you go the cars going to be clean and fast.

Accidents happen, but things have to get worse before they can get better.

Old 07-16-2007, 04:42 PM

Marty, I had two body shop guys look at the car and both of them said the car is GONE. The frame rail is just the beginning of the damage, the subframe is pushed into the body and the roof of the car is creased making the sunroof sit slightly crooked.

So guys, some GREAT news today. The del sol had a reconstructed title on it so I passed, but today I went in to the dealership to start pulling stuff off of the car and ended up buying a 96 CX hatchback for $300. I bought it with my own money, so now I have $5000 to put into this car to make it look and feel exactly the way I want it.

Pics of course.

I'm using the stuff in the coupe to convert the car to power windows/doors/mirrors, getting the car painted championship white, probably keeping the 96-98 body style, new headlights/tailights, and then adding some CF goodies and probably a nice 6pt cage.

Car's gonna be awesome, I can't wait until I can get it done.

Old 07-16-2007, 04:49 PM
HCF Member

holy chit, awesome buy, i'm assuming you're using the previous motor setup? or are you making changes?

Old 07-16-2007, 04:50 PM
Recognized HCF Member

WHAT THE FLYING F***............... 300bucks..............
DAM!!!!!! thats a steal!!!!!!!!!

why cannt i find a steal like that!!!!!

that thing looks just about like what i was looking at originaly when i was looken for my honda! BUT by the time i convinced my mom to let me.... they sold it but it had some 16s.....

still wish i coulda got that civic hatch cause it was preaty nice....

Old 07-16-2007, 04:58 PM
HCF Member

HOLY CRAP!!! 300!!!! ****!!! i spent more then that working on my car today[:@]

Old 07-16-2007, 05:00 PM
Stinky Administrator

ORIGINAL: SovXietday

Marty, I had two body shop guys look at the car and both of them said the car is GONE. The frame rail is just the beginning of the damage, the subframe is pushed into the body and the roof of the car is creased making the sunroof sit slightly crooked.

So guys, some GREAT news today. The del sol had a reconstructed title on it so I passed, but today I went in to the dealership to start pulling stuff off of the car and ended up buying a 96 CX hatchback for $300. I bought it with my own money, so now I have $5000 to put into this car to make it look and feel exactly the way I want it.

Pics of course.

I'm using the stuff in the coupe to convert the car to power windows/doors/mirrors, getting the car painted championship white, probably keeping the 96-98 body style, new headlights/tailights, and then adding some CF goodies and probably a nice 6pt cage.

Car's gonna be awesome, I can't wait until I can get it done.
damn that was a steal, want your money back on it j/k good luck on your new project

Old 07-16-2007, 05:02 PM

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

holy chit, awesome buy, i'm assuming you're using the previous motor setup? or are you making changes?
Yup, no need to change anything, car's in great shape too. Like I said, only real pain in the *** is going to be swapping out the interior and door harnesses/parts for the power windows and such, but oh well. With the money I have left over from the car I will probably improve the setup slightly (IM/TB/1000cc) but we'll see once I get the body work and such done to it.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:03 PM
HCF Member

if you wanna make 200 bucks, i'll buy it off of you for 500, lol (or more)

Quick Reply: RIP EJ8... (NEW CAR! pg 5)