The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

ricer fly-by

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 03:49 PM
HCF Member
Default ricer fly-by

Have you guys ever heard of a ricer fly-by? well, its when a ricer drives by you, usually in traffic or in the other direction, and revs his too-loud-to-be-fast-enough-to-justify-it exhaust, in challenge to your sedate driving (and sometimes parking). im not talking about the little rev you give in acknowledgement of a nice car, or the rev you give at a stoplight to signal "lets go", but this useless rev you get by someone who is going the wrong way, or for whatever other reason, cannot race anyway. well. today i had a perfect example of the not-rare-enough wheater fly-by. im driving home from work and this jackass in an old mid'80s camero (you know, the ugly ones) pulls up next to me and revs it as loud as he can. I just looked at him and laughed. then before i could do anything else, he whips into the turn lane. its like, "what the hell was that?" you challenge me, then before i have a chance to do anything, you turn? I just openly laughed at him as i passed, and he did it again. like i didnt hear youre stupid flowmasters before. wow, that second time scared me. too bad i dont street race much anymore. that would have been a proud kill, to take out a jackass like that in my lil 'ol civic.

Old 11-20-2004, 09:12 PM
Default RE: ricer fly-by

LOL..i know exactly what ur talking about....one day leaving wendys..there was another 4th gen hatch coming in as i was leaving....i just kinda knoded at him you know..like a hey nice car type of knod...and he revs his motor hard as hell and skeerts the tires...the only differnce with my story is..who knows he may have been able to take my stock civic..lol...

Old 11-21-2004, 09:24 AM
HCF Member

you gotta love it, haha

Old 11-21-2004, 09:44 AM

yea i alwasy seem to get some guy in a prelude or somethin with rims and exhaust sit next to me at a stop light when im in the stang. i jsut kind of look over and when the light turns green he floors it thinkin were gonna race so i step on it and take him. hes redlining everygear to try to keep up and im jsut in it a little bit. y race wehn u know ur gonna lose bad.

i never pull next to a cobra or an ss and try to race cause i know ill get my *** handed to me.

it happens a little bit in the civ too but jsut cause theyesee my exhaust i guess but i dont even try to race in that yet.

Old 11-23-2004, 11:28 AM
Cat Fuсker

I had something like that when he revved going in the other direction, but the guy actually turned around and went at it a few lights later. He was in an '85 corolla and I had my *** handed to me with fries on the side. Hopefully I can get a corolla like that for my sister later on.

Old 11-23-2004, 03:22 PM
HCF Member

personally, I like to challenge cars even if i know i will lose. I'm not sure what you mean by "ricer fly-by" but, I certainly like to downshift and rev when i'm passing people. It's not to show off.. more because I ENJOY "playing" in my car... And, if any of you see my car, I doubt you would consider it rice. There is a big *** hole in the bumper for the last TWO years... Some moron hit me in the parking lot at the train station. Never really wanted to spend the money to fix it. Always put the money on other stuff...

Old 11-23-2004, 08:08 PM

i think he means those old hondas that are all beat up, but have some cheap *** rims, spoiler that doesnt go with the car, with a nasty *** exhaust. not to mention the list of mods going down the side of their car that they really dont have.
am i right sac?

Old 11-23-2004, 09:00 PM
HCF Member

yeah, pretty much.

Old 11-24-2004, 01:05 PM

Wow.. i never realized how gay i was for doin some of that stuff.. I do feel stupid sometimes.. Maybe that will stop soon.. I have a nice lookin feels body kit sittin in the garage, an intake and an exhaust. i hope i will get recognition from some other people with nice cars after some of the mods.

Old 11-28-2004, 05:37 PM

not that it is a ricey car, but sum hyundai elentra tried to race me on the freeway when i was on my way to work. i mean c'mon, an elentra? boy ill tell you, people will try to race you in anything these days.

Quick Reply: ricer fly-by