The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Review: Turtle Wax ICE

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 09:40 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default Review: Turtle Wax ICE

Product: Turtle Wax Ice (Wax, and Quick Detail Spray)
Ease of Use: 9/10
Resulting Shine: 6/10
Overall Satisfaction: 6/10

Well, first I’d like to thank the good folks at Turtle Wax for this opportunity. They set me up with a free sample of their Ice Wax, an applicator, as well as a microfiber towel for removal. They were also very patient in waiting for the review. It took a long time to actually find an opportunity to use the product, due to the crappy Michigan weather. Anywho, here is my review..

Pros:
I like the fact that the wax was a clear liquid, and came with an easy applicator. It did not leave white residue in the cracks and crevices of my car, which was nice. I also like the fact that I could apply the product in direct sunlight, on a very hot day, and not have to worry about the product drying too quickly. After applying, the car did have an extra sparkle to it. The wax and detail spray also do a pretty good job of reviving black plastic trim pieces, which is a definite plus. I will definitely give the product credit for its longevity. It’s been a little over two weeks since I applied the product, and even without using the Quick Detailer, it has maintained a nice reflective shine. When I did finally use the detailer, it was as if I’d re-applied the wax all over again.

Cons:
There are really only two places in which this product failed to impress me. One, was the revival of paint quality. Maybe the effects of my other wax have spoiled me, but the ICE seemed to fall short. It didn’t do that great of a job covering swirl marks, and added no depth to the look of my paint. The other thing is that during the application process, it’s a bit hard to tell where you have and where you haven’t already applied. This made the application process take a little longer than normal, because in an effort to not miss any spots, I probably did a lot of parts twice.

Overall View on the Product:
In conclusion, I would use this product again, but it will not replace my normal wax. I will, however, carry the detail spray with me at all times, as that is what I was most impressed with. Again, I’d like to thank the folks at Turtle Wax for the opportunity to test and review their product.

Heres an after pic as well..

Old 06-23-2006, 10:19 AM
Default RE: Review: Turtle Wax ICE

good review, but do you have any daytime shots with the flash off? I know im a pain but Id really be intrested in seeing this stuff in the sunlight and how well it holds the shine.

I personally use Zaino's dont know if you have ever tried that but their stuff works pretty damn good. Let me see some daytime pics and I might consider using this on my skittle.

heres a link to zainos site www.zainobros.com

Old 06-23-2006, 10:49 AM
HCF Member

Forty....Did you like how the Detail spray came out? When I tried it, it seemed almost foamy....not like all the others I've tried.

Old 06-23-2006, 12:40 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

That's odd, I didnt notice a foamy spray at all..

AllForSRT, I plan on using the detail spray when I get home today, I will snap a few shots while the suns out. I know that pic sucks, but it was the only one I took that night cause I was in a hurry to get out to the lot.

Old 06-23-2006, 01:58 PM
HCF Member

maybe the tip on my sprayer is messed up then. I'll have to try another bottle. [&:]

Old 06-23-2006, 11:40 PM
HCF Member

Looks pretty good. Id like to see the daytime results as well. I was thinking about buying a bottle of that now that i have the black Subaru because my current wax leaves a ton of white residue

Old 06-23-2006, 11:50 PM

i was thinking about tryin the detail spray since i usually only wash/wax my car once a month and need a lil something inbetween washes to keep her shiney..thanks for the review 40.

Old 06-25-2006, 04:37 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

Was it really bad Rasky? I used mine again Friday night and I saw some bubbles in the spray, but nothing major. Here are some pics of the outcome. Keep in mind, I havent used the wax in a couple weeks.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2331/502C382EBD974DB0AFC5BBE7A33F2D4B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2331/B9643449EED744FCA8A4E89707069A1E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2331/1AB68A95EE5B4F31BA8EA7F770174F29.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-25-2006, 10:43 PM
HCF Member

I have used this and i loved it, easy to use and the wax stays on for a long time, i have not tried the detail spray though.

Old 06-26-2006, 06:17 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I highly recommend picking up the detail spray, it saves a lot of time. I was going to comepletely re-detail the car Friday night, but instead I got lazy. Just sprayed it off with the hose, let it dry, and gave it a once over with the Detail Spray, and it was good as new

Honestly, I think this product is headed in the right direction, being as you are able to apply in conditions most people have to deal with. (Direct sunlight, no garage, hot humid air, etc..) It just needs a little more development. If this could add the look of depth to the paint like Royal Blue does, I'd be completely sold on it.

....bah, stupid yellow leaf on my hood [:@]

Quick Reply: Review: Turtle Wax ICE