The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

red to blue gauges

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Default red to blue gauges

has anyone seen these before?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQamT...eature=relatedwell if you have or know anything about them, let me ask you to look at the comments on the video, look at cud0e, he put "honda did it in 1990". im not too sure what they called it if they did, but i googled it and found nothing. i was wondering also if there was anyway to wire these things up to a vtec silenoid and use in the civy?

Old 03-07-2008, 11:15 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: red to blue gauges

woooooow! A shift light that lights up your entire cluster? Or having it come on when VTEC engages? Haha i guess it seems doable, just pretty crazy to see

Old 03-07-2008, 11:31 AM

i said the same thing man. those are badass huh. thats why i want some realllllly bad!!!!

Old 03-07-2008, 11:38 AM
HCF Member

I saw those cideos before and i thought i found a link on how to do it, but yeah it looks pretty cool

Old 03-07-2008, 11:42 AM

does anyone know if honda made anything like this? or was that guy just full of it?

Old 03-07-2008, 12:07 PM
HCF Member

I dont' think that is factory, i'm certain that it's an after market mod.

Old 03-07-2008, 02:34 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: blackmassacrer

does anyone know if honda made anything like this? or was that guy just full of it?
I think he was reffering to vetc and vvt

Old 03-07-2008, 02:52 PM
HCF Member

I like how everyone says that BMW invented Variable Valve Timing.... there VANOS came out in 1992... Honda had "Hyper VTEC" in their Japanese CBR400F in 1983 I believe... Honda invented VTEC, in a freaking motorcycle... then the NS-X had it in 1990, the first implication outside of Japan to have VTEC.

So yeah thats what the kid was talking about, though he didnt know it was in the CBR400 before that...

Old 03-07-2008, 02:54 PM
HCF Member

on topic though... this wouldnt be that hard to make... just splice the green/white wire that runs into you ECU, which is the vtec wire... run that up to a switch... just wire it so that when you start getting a signal from the vtec, the light switches and you get blue instead of red or whatever... you have to install two sets of LED's

Old 03-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Recognized HCF Member

VERY DOABLE.... if custom work that is......

a shift light, some relays, leds and some wire is basicaly all ya need....

just wire some leds up to the regular dash lights, then a relay to kill the power when the shift light engages, and the shift light also powering the different color leds.

if my 99civic was a manual i would have done some stuff like this...

now just outta some quick thinking..
wire up the dash lights to your regular leds, and then wire up a relay just like a starter kill to interupt the regular dash leds, and then wire up another relay to convert the POSitive power from the shift light unit, so it sends a ground trigger to the starterkill style relay that will interupt the regular dash lights. and while also the converted power to ground triggers the kill relay then the same power wire directly from the shift light....

and now you got 2 different color dash lights at different tach points that you select on the shift light unit.. you could also do more with additional shift light units and relays

BUT IMO with the dash lights in that video posted i think it should be reversed.... blue on all the time and red when the RPMs get that high! just my opinion tho...

Quick Reply: red to blue gauges