The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Rabbit Hunting Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Default Rabbit Hunting Question

*Please don't respond if you are anti-hunting*

Hey guys, I'm on break from college and have been wanting to hunt rabbit for the first time. For a total of a week I've tried with no avail. But tonight, my mom came home and said she saw a rabbit in our yard. I got my bow and a flashlight went outside. I saw the rabbit on the side of my yard. It starred for a minute and took off a few yards. I turned the light off and could not see it so I turned it back on and laid it on the ground. But the light wasn't hitting the rabbit so I still could not see it. I picked up and turned the light off and at that moment for some reason the rabbit ran back right in front of me! It was only about 8-10ft away. I could barely see it. I pretty much had to shoot blindly at its sillouette. The arrow missed it. The rabbit supprisingly did not move but crouched down and stayed still. I drew another arrow and shot. It was a direct hit and I killed it. My question is, Was it wrong the way I killed it? You know, it being night and having to use a flashlight (Its not like I was spot lighting, I dont't even think you can do that with rabbits) and all. I just want to be legal. Thanks.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:02 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Rabbit Hunting Question

I think technially rabbit hunting is considered a day time sport, becasue rabbits can be spotlighted. I know out where I live we hunt nutrea at night and then if racoons are giving us problems were allowed to hunt them. Oh and every once in ablue moonwe will go for weasels to.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:09 PM
HCF Member

your skillz=awesomeness.

Old 11-22-2007, 03:36 AM

I think I'm fine, because on the Alabama Hunting Season and Bag Limits guide it says nothing about "only daytime hours". Bobcat on the other hand must be hunted in day time only. Thx

Old 11-22-2007, 05:20 AM
HCF Member

Don't you need a license to hunt? I'm pretty sure that you can't just hunt rabbits in your backyard unless you live on a farm. Wouldn't it be easier to use a BB gun than a bow?

Old 11-22-2007, 03:25 PM

Its less fun though and requires more skill. Yeah I have a license, just wondering if the whole at night thing was wrong. Not a big deal though, whats done is done, just wanted to see if your allowed to or not.

Old 11-22-2007, 04:22 PM
HCF Member

I'm pretty sure you aren't supost to hunt in your yard. Oh well. Oh and I think a BB gun would be a little too weak. I would use a .22

Old 11-22-2007, 07:04 PM

30 min. before day break till 30 min after dark , is the legal time that rabbit is hunted . rabbits is usually hunted with dogs and shot gun ,but can use any wepon that you wish . i have killed rabbits with a stick as they ran by me as dogs flushed them out . ..

Old 11-22-2007, 07:31 PM
Cat Fuсker

they make good soup...and we used to smoke them too....but my way of getting them is nowhere near legal

Old 11-22-2007, 08:02 PM
HCF Member

Quick Reply: Rabbit Hunting Question