The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

r35 experience!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 10:57 AM
HCF Member
Default r35 experience!!!!

A few months back i was driving home from work late at night, as i am driving on the freeway i see this black car and im like this car looks familiar...so i start creeping to see if it was what i think it was...and of course it was the nissan skyline r35. So i said to myself lets see how good this thing really is...so i get next to it and i start taunting it and before i can down shift he leaves me like 10 car lengths if i had my turbo set up it wouldnt have been that much...lol thought id share with you all

Old 12-10-2008, 11:00 AM
Snail'n Admin

wow. Id like my 10 seconds back. And i hate to tell you but even if you had your "turbo setup" itd still sh*t all over you like a bad case of the runs

Old 12-10-2008, 03:08 PM
HCF Member

i knew from the start i was going to lose but i wanted to see if its reputation for being one of the fastest circuit car still had its edge. im not claiming that i was going to beat the skyline hell no that would be stupid...however its still a heavy monster though. anyways getting smoked by a skyline is not a big deal but the real question is has anybody else taken on the new r35???:P

Old 12-10-2008, 05:02 PM
HCF Member

lol, where was this at? in oakland, i assume your from the bay area? i saw a black skyline there before, parked in a lot though

Old 12-10-2008, 05:31 PM
HCF Member

I'm suprized the transmission did not take a **** on the highway. The cars are cool but they have like a 10 to 14% transmission failure rate and Nissan will not cover it if you have used the launch control which in turn makes the car perform 0 to 60mph and 1/4 mile times as advertised by Nissan. On a $80,000 car the last thing i want to do is have to buy a $18,000 transmission.

Word is getting around the traps that the transmission in the famously destructive R35 GT-R may be wearing out faster than expected. MCR, one of the lucky Japanese tuning houses to have a GT-R, has reported that initial inspections are showing unexpected signs of wear in the transmission; raising fears that the GT-R is not as flawless as we’d all hoped.
Perhaps if it were a more expensive car, the gearbox would be less likely to shoot out random cogs and cut your leg off at the knee. Not that it’s going to do that.
MCR’s inspection has lead them to conclude that the transmission’s lifespan—at least if used as heavily as they do—may be no longer than 12 months if the engine’s power is tweaked. Of course, with the V-Spec model on the way, we may soon see a stronger gearbox available.

We are aggressively investigating possible upgrades, but nothing can be promised. As one of the primary flaws may be nearly impossible to repair.
I just finished GT-R factory training and there have been reports of pistons welding themselves to the cylinder block. This has been due to the engines being modified. There have been many more reports of transmission failures than engine issues. Being a high boost turbo engine I am sure there will be some longevity issues , but it is too early to tell.

Last edited by Marty; 12-10-2008 at 09:38 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:18 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by sfazngiants
lol, where was this at? in oakland, i assume your from the bay area? i saw a black skyline there before, parked in a lot though
no not oakland...in antioch heading to brentwood and yes im from the bay area...and yes it was a black skyline and after that i never saw it again