The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

PS2 to the internet

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 07:02 AM
HCF Member
Default PS2 to the internet

I got a cheap game at blockbuster I bought and it says I can update if I hook it to the internet.I got all the stuff like disk,memory card internet.Help me update it and maybe play some people online.

Old 01-04-2007, 07:42 AM
Ben
Default RE: PS2 to the internet

First, you need the online adapter. You'll then register your account online (for free) and you'll be set to go. Plug the ethernet cable into the back of your ps2 and you're set. It's best if you have highspeed, because the games where you can talk to people are only high speed internet available.

Old 01-04-2007, 02:15 PM
HCF Member

i used to have it and play a little, but xbox live is so much better

Old 01-04-2007, 02:29 PM
HCF Member

Where do I get the online adapter?should I already have the ethernet cable?I tried a regular phone plug it wouldnt fit.

Old 01-04-2007, 03:26 PM

First of all, I assume that you have a PS2 slim version. That means that you have a built in ethernet card. Phone wire is different. You need to connect your PS2 to your high speed modem with network cable (the one that's currently connecting your PC to the modem).

Old 01-04-2007, 04:40 PM
Ben

ORIGINAL: andryuha

First of all, I assume that you have a PS2 slim version. That means that you have a built in ethernet card. Phone wire is different. You need to connect your PS2 to your high speed modem with network cable (the one that's currently connecting your PC to the modem).
Why would you assume he has the slim version? You have to have high speed internet first of all to play any good games, you can play with dial up but the gamplay sucks online(you can't use a mic when you play with dial up and few games support dial up anyway.) The adapter can be bought for under twenty dollars at almost all game places. Also if you have the regular ps2, you can for sure plug in the dial up cord, but if you have the slim version i'm not sure if it has a dial up jack or not.

Old 01-04-2007, 06:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Ben

ORIGINAL: andryuha

Why would you assume he has the slim version? You have to have high speed internet first of all to play any good games, you can play with dial up but the gamplay sucks online(you can't use a mic when you play with dial up and few games support dial up anyway.) The adapter can be bought for under twenty dollars at almost all game places. Also if you have the regular ps2, you can for sure plug in the dial up cord, but if you have the slim version i'm not sure if it has a dial up jack or not.
I assumed that, because he said that he tried plugging in a phone cord and it did not fit. If it looks like a phone jack, but the phone cord doesn't fit, then he has an ethernet jack. PS2 slim comes with a built in ethernet adapter. From this, one may deduce that the system in question is a PS2 slim.

Old 01-04-2007, 10:37 PM

I played online games on dial up for years on a PS2. It works fine depending on the game. The network adapter will have two plugs, one is for ethernet and the other is phone. Plug into the phone. The network adapter will come with a cd which will help you establish your online connection, just follow the instructions. Some games will also allow you to set up your internet connection by themselves. What game ya got?

Old 01-05-2007, 07:47 AM
Ben

ORIGINAL: Kedawei

I played online games on dial up for years on a PS2. It works fine depending on the game. The network adapter will have two plugs, one is for ethernet and the other is phone. Plug into the phone. The network adapter will come with a cd which will help you establish your online connection, just follow the instructions. Some games will also allow you to set up your internet connection by themselves. What game ya got?
If you like interacting with players, and having fun dial up sucks ***. You can't use the mic to talk to people on dial up on most game because it lags up everything, and it's just the gayness. Xbox Live ftw

Old 01-05-2007, 02:49 PM
HCF Member

Yes I have a slim Ps2 with dial up which sucks.I probley won't play to many of mygames onlinebut the game I got at blockbuster is NFl GameDay 2004 don't laugh at my choice it was only 3 bucks.It says I can do weekly roster updates and has a live sports ticker.So i would like to update the roster.I am not a true gamer but I do play alot in spare time I haveGTA San Andreas and Brothers In Arms road to hill 30 and a mini game controler I got yesterday.So a phone wire will come from the computer will I have to do anything on my pc?to the online adaptor then a differnt cable goes into my slim ps2

Quick Reply: PS2 to the internet