The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Possible s2000 killer?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 05:46 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Possible s2000 killer?

maybe those are the new scorchers...

Old 01-09-2006, 05:52 PM
HCF Member

I think Flava Flav is looking for a replacement for the clock.

Old 01-09-2006, 05:54 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

You sure about that? Cause its a pretty popular car. And whats gonna replace it? It seems funny that Honda would get rid of both the NSX and the S2000.

agreed. The dealer cant keep them on the lot.

Old 01-09-2006, 06:58 PM

You guys can be absurdly funny sometimes. Except for several of you, who have either swapped/boosted civics or patrick who has a very badass dodge, how can you call the solstice slow? It can be had from the dealer for under $20k, comes 177hp stock, and weighs just under 3k. Please explain how that is slow compared to your vehicle? Just at or under 15 second 1/4 for probably around $17k at a dealer.
How many of you with 2006 civic EXs are going that fast?

Oh and I'll give it to ya, the solstice is not a beauty queen, but what about the saturn sky? I think that car looks sexy as hell

Old 01-09-2006, 07:05 PM
HCF Member

Do you know what the saturn is called in the game " Grand Theft Auto San Andreas" ? A "Uranus"

Old 01-09-2006, 07:06 PM
HCF Member

The 2006 EX does not cost 20k it also has around 140 HP, which is 37 less than the Solstice. The 06 SI is cheaper (by 1k i believe) and is also more powerful (by 20HP). One more thing, the Solstice looks pretty ugly, whereas the new civics actually look pretty good. Don't forget the gas milage. Solstice: 20 mpg, Civic 30 mpg.

Edit: The Saturn Sky doesn't look that bad, but its still a Saturn.

Old 01-09-2006, 10:21 PM

the solstice is on the lotus elise platform also saturn has its own version called the sky i like the sky better, i think its defently the best gm has done in a while to come close to imports but is defently not the elise and does not come close to the s2000

Old 01-09-2006, 11:25 PM
HCF Member

^ Where did that come from? The Slowstice and Sky have NOTHING in common with the Elise other than they're small cars.

Bobbytonic, if all you're going to do is bash civics and promote domestics why are you here? I really don't get it.

Old 01-10-2006, 12:27 AM

Name one time in this post I bashed the s2000, other than appearance. Or frankly any other post have I bashed civics. I think they are great cars, tarnished by F&F wannabes in the days of late. I thought as an automotive forum you might be interested in something that imo will be a great roadster, as is the s2000. Some of you can't look past that little "GM" emblem though to ever give a car a chance.

^^ I think he meant Opel or Saab, which they are debuting a new roadster that will share the same platform as the Sky/Solstice. It's just a RWD, IRS, lightweight tube chassis.

So maybe the s2000 might be too much, I bet the "slowstice" could take the "del slow" [8D]

Old 01-10-2006, 01:37 AM
HCF Member

The S2K is not doing as well as people like to think it is. Honda reps have said point blank that the S2000 is a underacheiver in their eyes as far as the how many units are moved a year. In all honesty I look for a Prelude to come back into the picture with a Type S being the top model. The S2K is a nice car do not get me wrong but most of the people that want one cant afford one and most of the people that can afford one want more in a car. The S2K has a very small nich in the market and is hard pressed to keep up with the traditional open roadster coupes that have earned their name in it like the Mazdaspeed Miata. What ultimately kills the car in the U.S. is at heart this is still a drag racing nation and the S2K is not a car that is good at that point blank. Sure it can hold it's own but anyone who is looking for 1/4 mile times does not buy them and people looking to auto-x and road race buy cheaper simply because not many are going to buy a $35k car to rip apart to race with.

As far as the Pontiac goes, the base model is exactly that; a base model, not ment to be the fastest or best handling car on the road but it will serve it's purpose by letting people buy a 2 seater open roof roadster that is RWD and has a manuel for cheap. The GXP should be a rather nice car with the way gm likes to underrate their performance cars power wise. Plus with the 3000lb curb weight it will not hurt the cars balance to drop a LS2 or LS7 swap in it and have crazy power. I welcome any car company to bring more cars out like this. it makes it a better market, gives more choices, and forces other companies to up the ante a bit.

Quick Reply: Possible s2000 killer?