The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

oww... my shoulder hurts (now with pics!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 05:51 AM
Super Cereal Admin
Default oww... my shoulder hurts (now with pics!)

So, it finally happened... I wrecked the cbr (yesterday). I was coming around a sharp left-hand turn (that I take on the bike literally every time I go out on a ride) at about 45mph (mistake #1). I'm not sure why, but I was on the inside of my lane (close to the center line; mistake #2). So I ended up realizing that there was a really good chance of me not making the turn about half-way through it. So, I made the decision to straighten up the bike and brake hard. Well, I went off the road (as I knew I would). This is where Murphy's Law comes into play. Of course, there just had to be a ditch alongside the road (which was covered in bushes and tall grass so you couldn't even see there was a ditch). Well, I don't really remember what happened... all I can remember is making a conscious descision to straighten the bike and brake, hitting the ground, and standing up an taking my helmet off (which is trashed btw). Fortunately, I wasn't really hurt; just a hurt shoulder, hip, ankle, a headache, and both my wrists hurt like hell. Unfortunately, I need a new helmet, a front upper fairing, a left fairing, a paint job (the paint pretty much everywhere is scratched to hell), turn signals (one was taken clean off, the others' lens shattered), and mirrors (one's glass was shattered, the other was ripped off completely)... this isn't going to be cheap. But, I guess it's a good excuse for a custom paint job and flush-mount turn signals lol

oh, and if it hadn't hurt so much, sliding/rolling on the ground for about 50-60 feet would have been one of the most fun things I've ever done lol

and, yes, I'll have pics of the bike up either tonight or tomorrow

Old 09-17-2007, 05:56 AM
Snail'n Admin
Default RE: oww... my shoulder hurts

yea definitely a good excuse for a new paintjob. at least it wasnt worse and the bike isnt trashed SO murphys law really wasn't involved. hope ya feel better

Old 09-17-2007, 06:34 AM
Super Cereal Admin

thanks, man... I'm just glad that I wasn't hurt bad (and that I was wearing a helmet)... I always wear a helmet, but I would probably have been killed/very, very badly injured had I not had the helmet on. Looking at the damage, it's probably going to be around $500, give or take... I definitely need a new front upper fairing and a new left-side fairing. Those will be the most expensive. The turn signals will be $100-ish if I get flush-mounts ($30-40 if I get stock replacement), and the mirrors will be about $30 (half the price of stock replacements lol). Now I just need to decide what color I'm going with when I get it re-painted. I'm thinking either bright orange or yellow.

Old 09-17-2007, 07:00 AM
Administrator

Old 09-17-2007, 08:50 AM

oh man that sucks!! i ride a CBR 600. ive a seen a few crashes and i know they can messyou up man. good thing you didnt have anything broken on you. i was on a ride with5 of my friends ( 06 gixxer, 01 gixxer,06 r6, 05 cbr, 05 ninja, and my cbr). we were riding on the highway about 11pm and my friend Javie (06 gixxer) did a stand up and shifted into 3rd, he 12 oclocked it and went down. luckly he only broke his toe. bad road rash and his shoe laces melted on one shoe and lost the other. surprisingly not one scratch on his heltmet. i locked up my rear and almost my front to stop from running over him. after that i didnt ride for like a month and a half

Old 09-17-2007, 08:55 AM
HCF Member

Wow. 3 more days and you would have had it for a month with no wrecks.

Sucks to here that man. Could have been worse. This is exactly why your mom didn't want you having the bike in the first place.

Old 09-17-2007, 09:02 AM
Super Cereal Admin

^ I'm both disturbed and flattered that you actually went back to my "I'm getting a bike" post to figure out how long I've had the thing lol

Anyway, what really sucks is that my helmet was Shoei RF-900 Pascal Picotte jester helmet... it's not like those things are easy to find. I loved that thing, too... I don't think it's that badly damaged (there's just some scratches and a few spots where the paint/fiberglass came off), but I really don't want to ride with a helmet that's in anything less than pristine condition.

well, I'm going to go out and take pics of my helmet/bike on my phone... I'll see if I can't get someone to email them to me (for one reason or another, my phone will send pix/txt messages but not emails)

Old 09-17-2007, 10:24 AM
HCF Member

Just use a normal camera..

Sucks about the bike, but i guess it was meant to be lol.

And as for the helmet, I would get a new one, cause once your hit hard once you usually need a new one, cause it's like an airbag, use it once that's it. get a new one

Old 09-17-2007, 10:38 AM
Super Cereal Admin

if I had a normal camera, I'd use it... unfortunately, my camera's been broken for months now, and I haven't gotten around to replacing it yet (which is why my cardomain hasn't been updated in forever lol)

anyway, I don't plan on using that helmet anymore (I was just saying that it sucks that my helmet's trashed.. it was a pretty rare helmet). Actually, I have a new (bright and colorful ) one picked out: http://www.cyclegear.com/lpgm.cfm?L1...AR_0101-2388_G I'm thinking of having the bike painted orange this winter, so the helmet will match the bike (sort of)... I figure I'll replace the mirrors and signals now, and just wait till winter to do all the body work.. the good news is, I'll be getting a lot of carbon fiber for the bike

Old 09-17-2007, 11:14 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

wow, that sure didn't take long

Quick Reply: oww... my shoulder hurts (now with pics!)