The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

the Olive Dungeon...

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 11:54 PM
HCF Member
Default the Olive Dungeon...

er, make that Olive Garden. (I hate that place.)

I went to the Olive Dungeon, er, Garden today for a staff luncheon and we had reserved for a party of 11.

well to make a long story short, i was the second to arrive behind the office secretary. I asked her why she wasn't at a table already.

she said they wouldn't seat her because "half the party wasn't there yet."

I said fine, and went outside and got my iPod because I knew it would be a while. I come back and my coworkers start showing up.

My boss finally arrives and he makes number five. he goes up to the waiter (gargoyle) and asks if we can be seated, and the young punk says no because we needed more people.

I yelled out 'WHAT AN ***-CLOWN!!1' and the hole room stopped.

the office secretary and another female coworker just looked at me with their mouths open (because I'm a pretty mild-mannered person usually), and said what did you say? and i said "WHAT AN ASSCLOWN!"

my boss comes over to us and didn't understand or heard what I said. the ladies told him and he started laffin'...

Five minutes later, the manager comes up and says would you like to be seated? We normally don't seat until half the party gets here, but we'll let you go and seat.

when I get to finally sit, I started to brew a bit more and said, how the hell do 5.5 people show up!? Five people aren't enough to sit in a party of 11?

my boss started laffing again...

I hate the olive dungeon.

Old 12-02-2005, 06:34 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: the Olive Dungeon...

assclown, always a classic

Old 12-02-2005, 08:24 AM

lmao, what kinda job do you have?

seems like you got a cool boss

Old 12-02-2005, 08:47 AM

I've had the same thing happen to me... what is up with that... And I used to know a guy that worked their ... they are like drones... all he ever did was talk about them like they were his family and it was the best place in the world... kinda made me wanna throw up. Hope today is better. Isn't great to have a cool boss... i have one too!

Old 12-02-2005, 08:51 AM
HCF Member

I dont get it. Why wouldnt they seat you if it already was reserved? I can see if it was a party of 11 without reservations. But still.

Old 12-02-2005, 09:46 AM
HCF Member

I work in marketing for a hospital/health system and as for my boss. yeah, he's pretty cool but very subdued.

he would have never spoken up. I told him he should call the company headquarter, but he said he couldn't do it.

then he said he was wondering if he should write a letter. I said YES and that I would write it for him. lol.

I said i'd mention that we worked in marketing and public relations, something their restaurant chain apparently needs courses in...

the olive dungeon makes money hand over fist because it's a national chain and everybody wants to be seen eating there. that's why they can be jerks and turn people away. I hate that place...

and YES, the pasta sucked...

Old 12-02-2005, 09:58 AM

Hey that's cuz all they do is heat it up.... they don't actully cook it there...

Old 12-02-2005, 10:30 AM
HCF Member

You wouldnt catch me dead in a place like that. Nor italians for that matter. Hell, thats like finding a mexican in a taco bell.

Old 12-02-2005, 10:35 AM

hey, I'm Hispanic mother ****er! how dare you make fun of Hose and Miguel,(my brother and I) after a long day of selling flowers, and cutting grass, it's nice to have a good lunch... now get off my ***

lmao sorry I couldn't help it and I was just playing

Old 12-02-2005, 10:42 AM
HCF Member

Correction: I have seen mexicans in taco bell once but im sure they must have been VERY hungry.