The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Old members or New I need your help!! (especially Agent of Darkness)

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 08:17 PM
HCF Member
Default Old members or New I need your help!! (especially Agent of Darkness)

I know you guys have your own HCF chat room in AIM. Im trying to open one for the camaro forum. Does anyone know how to open your own permanet AIM chatroom?

Old 02-19-2008, 08:19 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Old members or New I need your help!! (especially Agent of Darkness)

dam we have an hcf aim chat room news to me

Old 02-19-2008, 08:34 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Old members or New I need your help!! (especially Agent of Darkness)

I havent actually gone in it, but theres instructions on how to do it somewhere in this forum. i think you have to add yourself as a friend onto that room (or something like that)

Old 02-19-2008, 08:35 PM
HCF Member

well to access one at any time, add yourself to your buddy list, right click your name, click buddy chat, and then type in the room name.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:37 PM
HCF Member

no no guys i know how do that. How do i make the actually permanent room? HCF has its own permanent chatroom in AIM. I want to create one too, so that anytime someone wants to chat they can just type in that chat and join it

Old 02-19-2008, 09:04 PM
Stinky Administrator

thats how ours works its not a permanent room

Old 02-20-2008, 03:33 AM
Snail'n Admin

Its just that no1 uses the same chat name so its always open to us

Old 02-20-2008, 06:17 AM
HCF Member

The HCF chat room isn't permanant. It always exists because someone ends up in there at almost all time even if they are AFK. Basically, when you open a chat in AIM, it assigns some random chat room name with a bunch of numbers and letters. What you have the option to do is open a chat room with a specific name. For the HCF, our chat room name is HCF. Everyone knows the name, so they replace the random name AIM generates with "HCF" and everyone ends up in the same room. If you are looking to make a Camaro chat room, do the same thing. Tell everyone on the forum the method (can be found on the sticky). If there is nobody in the chat room, AIM will create the room once some tries to enter the "Camaro" chat room. As long as everyone knows how to get into the chat room and uses the same name, everyone will end up in the same chat room and it will feel like a permanant chat room even though it isn't.

Old 02-20-2008, 07:02 AM
Administrator

HCF morning chat ftw!

just thought id add that

Old 02-20-2008, 07:59 AM
Cat Fuсker

HCF chat ftw...Roto not being able to be in there FTL

Quick Reply: Old members or New I need your help!! (especially Agent of Darkness)