The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Nsx's replacement...maybe

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 03:13 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Nsx's replacement...maybe

ORIGINAL: Kappa22

Well, some people actually enjoy having a car that requires some skill to drive (i.e. a high-revving roadster). I am one of those people. And the clutches aren't that prone to slipping unless you ride it like a ten dollar hooker. I do agree that with a good bit more low end, the S2K would be some pretty severe competition for [insert car name here] but as it stands, it has a niche market, with many many people who are of the opinion that the screaming nature and precision engineering of the engine gives the car its personality. No other company can do with such ease what Honda does: run a 2.2L 4 to 9,000 rpm all day with an 11+:1 CR without blowing holes in bad places.
I agree but my point is that only goes so far. Honda needs to use what they have but aim it in a lil different direction. They have proved that they are no doubt king of the high reving low displacement 4 bangers. But the thing they are knocking themselves out of is where they are all over hp numbers but dont do jack for tq. Oscar jackson(Jackson Racing) once said "HP sales a product but TQ is what actually moves it" and this is so true.

Old 12-28-2005, 01:02 PM
HCF Member

im kind of sad that theyre dropping the s2000. i really like that car. personally i dont like convertibles which is what keeps me away from it but if they offered it in a hardtop id put a down payment on that sucker in a heart beat.

Old 12-28-2005, 01:04 PM
HCF Member

You do know they offer hard top for it right?

Old 12-28-2005, 01:09 PM
HCF Member

no actually i didnt. hmmmm the possibilities but i cant afford one so ill just dream

Old 12-28-2005, 02:34 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Kappa22

Well, some people actually enjoy having a car that requires some skill to drive (i.e. a high-revving roadster). I am one of those people. And the clutches aren't that prone to slipping unless you ride it like a ten dollar hooker. I do agree that with a good bit more low end, the S2K would be some pretty severe competition for [insert car name here] but as it stands, it has a niche market, with many many people who are of the opinion that the screaming nature and precision engineering of the engine gives the car its personality. No other company can do with such ease what Honda does: run a 2.2L 4 to 9,000 rpm all day with an 11+:1 CR without blowing holes in bad places.
Preach!

I totaly agree with MD that it could use a bit more torque but to that I say, if you can afford a 35-50k car... get an S2000 and strap a JR supercharger on it and you're set, there isn't much out there that could touch that setup. I think that Honda does a remarkable job of marketing for the exact crowd of people that are on this site... people who like percision engineering, handeling, reliability and expandability.

My money is still with the S2000 over just about anything in it's price range, including the Boxster. I personally like the N/A route more so if I were to get one it would be transformed into a full out race car with a beefed up N/A engine.

I've got to say that I don't think it would kill Honda to put in a 2.5 or similar but It would really be sad to see the revs take a hit. Even a small V6 would be fine if they could somehow keep the 50/50 ratio along with a low overall weight.

By the way MD, I'm really not tryin to start anything, just expressing my opinion.

Old 12-28-2005, 02:48 PM
HCF Member

I'm not trying to start anything either, it's just car talk.

A bigger more tq having engine does not meat it has to loose thability to rev out to 9 grand. Skylines have a 2.6 and they are right at home in the 7000 to 9000rpm range. There are also added things that come with tq other than performance. Relibility is one being you dont have to over work the engine to get the power you need to pass or take mountain roads without a problem, also fuel economy because anytime you have to use less of the gas pedal to acheive a certain speed or "pull" it will consume less gas. But in the end honda will do nothing they need to and they will exhaust a platform untill it simply is not wanted no more. They just about turned the whole tuner industry against them with a lack luster hatchback SI for 4 years. I am glad to see the S2K be replaced not that it is not a great car it just has alot of room for improvement.

Old 12-28-2005, 05:41 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: adelleda

im kind of sad that theyre dropping the s2000. i really like that car.
I read in my latest car magazine that Honda isn't killing the s2000 entirely. A new one will come out in a few years with, ugh, manumatic option. jeezis. lazyAssed euro drivers...

Old 12-28-2005, 05:58 PM
HCF Member

i hate manumatic. my friends dads girlfriend has a manumatic 06 eclipse. ew.

Old 12-28-2005, 09:57 PM
HCF Member

A Boxster is a Porsche with panties
- The Sopranos