The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Nsx's replacement...maybe

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 01:33 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Nsx's replacement...maybe

It would throw the balance off of the car, they also need to make it a lil bit wider for my taste. To me all the S2k is, is a 240hp rwd del sol and I will not buy that for $35k

Old 12-27-2005, 01:34 PM
HCF Member

maybe its time for a new generation?

Old 12-27-2005, 01:41 PM
HCF Member

Maybe it's time for Honda to get off their *** and please the croud that makes them and that is the 16 to 30 year olds that cant buy a $35K car

Old 12-27-2005, 07:59 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: md420
To me all the S2k is, is a 240hp rwd del sol and I will not buy that for $35k
Have you driven one?!

Old 12-27-2005, 08:56 PM
HCF Member

the solstice looks pretty damm cool from a short distance but when you get up close you notice the GM quality inside. no thanks.

Old 12-27-2005, 09:30 PM
HCF Member

meh...i saw a solstice in person for the first time the other day and i liked it. the pictures in car and driver dont do it justice.

if they moved the s2000 up to replace the NSX slot then what would be in the 200-250hp range for honda?

personally id like to see them bring back the CRX and have the CRX Si w/ a k20z in it..but have it turbod from the factory

or they at least should have some sort of factory turbo car.

Old 12-27-2005, 10:59 PM
HCF Member

I don't like the Solstice styling at all, i would never buy one. The S2000 is an amazing car. The styling is good, the handling is amazing. I think what Honda needs to do with the S2000 is to first come out with a hard top version. I really don't like convertables. I also think that if there was a hardtop S2000, the handeling would improve and the weight would decrease. I also agree that Honda needs to up the horsepower. Maybe a stock turbo would be good for the S2000, even though Honda doesn't do forced induction. The V6 would add alot of weight and throw off the nearly perfect weight distribution. A turbo doesn't add as much weight as adding a V6 would. An added plus is that the S2000 is a car that is built to perform at high RPM, which a turbo helps out.

Old 12-28-2005, 02:08 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: amg6975

ORIGINAL: md420
To me all the S2k is, is a 240hp rwd del sol and I will not buy that for $35k
Have you driven one?!
Yes I have, no fun untill like a million rpm's and on top of that you do 3 or 4 good launch's and the clutch starts to slip. It's all fine and good to have a roadster that handles like a dream but when even dodge can put a 4 door 4 banger out to pull high to mid 13's then surely to god Honda could do better with their only true sports car. The NSX is like Honda's pet, never ment to make it to the mass's but the S2K is different and they need to realize this. People want a brodder powerband and a car you dont have to downshift everytime you want power to be avail.

I like the S2K's styling and true it does handle like a dream but when Nissan is putting out a nearly 300bhp roadster, mitsu is putting out a 260+hp spyder, and Toyota amping up for the new Supra with 300bhp Honda is once again just like they did with the civic sitting on a good platform and lacking the ambition to be a big contender in the sports car world.

And anyone of you can complain all you want about GM or any other domestic companies quality but one thing GM atleast does right is get down and dirty with some nasty *** sports cars. The Vette is world famous for being at the level of cars 2,3,4 times it's cost. The F-Bodies are powerhouses that I know from exp. last just fine, the new GTO yet another beast plus the plan for a new Camaro in 07 and the Chevelle and Nova coming very very soon after that. Price for price nobody has yet to touch GM in the sports coupe market, not mitsu, not subie, not honda, not toyota, and not MB, BMW, or any other company out there.

Now I am as big a Honda fan as anyone on this site but there is a difference in being a fan and riding a companies nuts(not pointing that at anyone) I for one am willing to look at the faults as well as the triumphs. People think Honda is all set because they brought back the SI in coupe form. Well not really because us people that grew up Honda fans are getting older now and have more money to spend now and you better bet your bottom dollor that in the $25k to $50k range Honda/Acura has absolutly nothing I would touch simply because they are being out done by damn near every major company out there.

Old 12-28-2005, 02:41 AM

Well, some people actually enjoy having a car that requires some skill to drive (i.e. a high-revving roadster). I am one of those people. And the clutches aren't that prone to slipping unless you ride it like a ten dollar hooker. I do agree that with a good bit more low end, the S2K would be some pretty severe competition for [insert car name here] but as it stands, it has a niche market, with many many people who are of the opinion that the screaming nature and precision engineering of the engine gives the car its personality. No other company can do with such ease what Honda does: run a 2.2L 4 to 9,000 rpm all day with an 11+:1 CR without blowing holes in bad places.

Old 12-28-2005, 02:42 AM
HCF Member

meh...i still think my crx idea is a good one.

itd be nice to have a turbo V6 stock from the factory

Quick Reply: Nsx's replacement...maybe