The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

NOPI

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 03:23 PM
Administrator
Default RE: NOPI

i will be at the nopi event this weekend in norwalk...

pictures to follow.

Old 10-13-2005, 08:14 AM
HCF Member

i wish they brought nopi to ontario (canada)..there would be such a big outcome, one day ill make the trip out to the u.s tho, nopi is so sick

Old 10-17-2005, 07:21 AM
Administrator

well, I have returned from the Nopi finals in norwalk ohio. It was pretty interesting. There was a 95 Eclpise with a 4g63 that ran a 6.97 @ 198 (ish) mph, and a Lexus GS300 with a 2JZ that ran 7.19 @ something like 196...we hung out with the crew of the lexus at the nudie bar thursday night. but having been a part of the experience, I have come away with a few things that everyone should know, before attending their first big import event, just so that they dont look as foolish as some of the guys that we saw this weekend...

1. When you wake up at the hotel in the morning, and want your car to heat up, holding it against the rev limiter isnt going to do your car any good, or impress anyone, its only going to **** off others in the hotel.

2. I dont care if you are the biggest, toughest guy in the world with the hottest girlfriend and the most money, but if you and your buddy drive late model grand ams with body kits and air bags, one painted bright pink, and the other light orange, youre going to get made fun of by the crowd, and deservingly so.

3. Even though your body kit laden RSX has a K20, talking to a pro civic driver with a turbo'd K20 about your "phat new cai", only makes you sound like a ricer.

4. When you are sitting in your stock NA eclipse revving the engine at the other 95 eclipse (which turned in 200mph 1/4s, and is running 68lbs of boost) and he starts his engine, dont start yours and rev at him.

5. Dont call everyone "dawg".

6. Dont argue with the professional drivers just because your 14 second neon is an SRT4, and their 10 second NA is not. They still know more than you.

7. Dont go out looking for a parking lot to go "tray drifting", then brag about it to other people at the event.

8. It doesnt matter how many stickers you have, or what company made your body kit, an automatic Mustang has no place in a Nopi event.

9. When someone asks you what your car runs in the quarter mile, it shoudl NEVER begin with "well, other guys with similar setups have run blah blah blah"...that only makes you a bench racer.

10. Primer is not a color. It's a car show. Paint your car.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took about 350 pictures, ranging from cars to the hotties in the bikini contest, but it was with my buddy's camera, so he has to put them to disk, and send them to me. There was one skyline there, and as I had never seen one in person before, it was pretty cool. The car show was decent, alot of nice civics, most of which i took pictures. I will post pictures once they have arrived.

Old 10-17-2005, 07:38 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

haha, excellent guidelines, very well written

Can't wait to see the pics man!

Old 10-17-2005, 07:50 AM
Administrator

im not kidding..there was some douchebag with an integra with a "J spec" front end on it...and every morning it woudlnt start, but he would crank and crank and crank, until it would start..it sounded to me like it had a fuel delivery problem. but once it would start, he would hold it against the rev limiter...then he would pull out, and at least once he did a burnout in front of my hotel room...[:@]

Old 10-17-2005, 07:57 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

wow.. I dont doubt it for a minute tho, big events liek that always bring out the morons. The best was when i went to HIN Chicago a few years back, there were ricers having a burnout contest in the parking garage..... REAL safe!