The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Noob needs help with his iPod and iTunes

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Default Noob needs help with his iPod and iTunes

I just bought an iPod, but I didnt have very many songs on my puter so I had a friend download a bunch of them from her computer to my iPod. I got home and plugged it in and now I want to take off the songs I dont like from the iPod but I cant figure out how to do it. ANyone help me please.

Old 01-09-2006, 05:17 PM
Default RE: Noob needs help with his iPod and iTunes

With my iPod..if someone DL'ed songs onto your iPod from their comp, when you plug it into yours and it starts automatically updating, it will delete all the files that are not saved in your itunes folder on your comp. I made the mistake of clearing out my whole itunes folder, thinking I was saving space since they were all already on my iPod, then when I went to update it with more songs, all my old ones deleted. That was a pain.

But anyway, you should be able to right click and delete the file from itunes then it will update your iPod accordingly. Which iPod did you get? Those nanos are SO tiny!

Old 01-09-2006, 05:30 PM

I think you confused me more.

I just wont to remove the crappy songs from my iPod. I dont really know if I want to delete them forever but that wouldnt matter much cause I dont like em.

I tried right clicking them but it doesnt say delete or remove or anything

I just got the regular 30 gig one. it black though. You know what they say, once you go black you never go back.

Old 01-09-2006, 05:32 PM

I found a ipod at work and i never use it before. Funny thing is that i ask my worker how to turn it off and she start calling me newbie lol which i am After playing with it for 2 or 3 days it was awesome and loving it. Unfortantly i have to return it to the customer b/c they call in [&o]. BTW, I work at Abcrombie as in manager The pay is ok. Im making abt 28k/year before taxes and after taxes is like 18k.

im wounding if i should get one but if i do get one i would pick the ipod video

Old 01-09-2006, 05:34 PM

ORIGINAL: LEVIII

I think you confused me more.

I just wont to remove the crappy songs from my iPod. I dont really know if I want to delete them forever but that wouldnt matter much cause I dont like em.

I tried right clicking them but it doesnt say delete or remove or anything

I just got the regular 30 gig one. it black though. You know what they say, once you go black you never go back.
I believe you have to hook it up to your computer and install the cd(software) they gave you.

Old 01-09-2006, 06:21 PM

You do. Thats why I was kinda surprised that someone DL'ed songs onto your iPod, im guessing with their own itunes..

Old 01-09-2006, 06:35 PM
HCF Member

This is why I dont go iPod. It is the most communist style crap thats hit the planet. Other companies are starting to thrive heavily off the downlaoding thing because you can actually burn a song more than twice.

Old 01-09-2006, 07:31 PM
HCF Member

I really don't like ITUNES, my uncle got an IPOD and i had to help him load some stuff onto it. It took me like 30min to figure out how to work ITUNES. And im not like a computer moron, ive been working with computers since i was 12.

Old 01-09-2006, 07:32 PM
HCF Member

it's called DRM (digital rights management).

you have to authorize a computer to be able to share songs from iPod to iPod.

get your friend to authorize your computer or have your friend rip all the songs you want to CD.

then take those CDs and re-rip them on your own computer to MP3 format. I recommend doing it this way.

iPods rool btw. I got a nano and have basically given up on cds.

Old 01-09-2006, 09:30 PM

Winamp.

Quick Reply: Noob needs help with his iPod and iTunes