The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

nissan altima 3.5

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 11:44 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: nissan altima 3.5

ORIGINAL: koots

Get one! I love the VQ engine, it's torquey, revs nice, it has some serious lungs for the long haul
Either in 3.5L caror 4L truck engines, they sound beautiful. I'm not a huge fan of Nissan's (don't hate them, just not a fan)
But anything with that engine has got my support. Plus the car handles great for the size, drivetrain configuration and power. Looks better than most other cars in it's class, it's aggresive but classy and has a very comfortable interior. So it gets my vote.
The VQ can not hold to much over stock hp, they sound great but there is nothing ground breaking about them. The 3.8 in the new eclipse gt is rated lower on hp and tq and puts a heavier 4th gen fwd eclipse down the strip in similar times as the all mighty 350Z.

Old 11-12-2007, 02:13 PM
HCF Member

thank you for bringing that up again, i've seen that somewhere when i was reading about it and it said the exact same thing. nice to know someone else knows of this. i was leaning more twords 05 ; )

Old 11-12-2007, 03:19 PM
HCF Member

I heard that the VQ was incredibly hard to get more power out of without extensive ECM reworking so it doesn't respond to bolt-ons.

Marty, what you said issad though, but for a stock engine it is pretty good. and the problem with the 350Z is the weight and that it is hauling around too much weight. But i haven't driven one so i can't give you first hand experience. I'm being a benchracer and no one likes a benchracer

Old 11-12-2007, 07:16 PM
HCF Member

I drove one back last year along with a 06 Mustang GT when I was car shopping. It was a ok car but it reminded me of a older V6 MX6(like a 93 or so) in how it drove which there is nothing bad about that because the MX6 is a nice driving car. It had more power than a older MX6 I know but that is not what I was comparing. The power is ok though I guess. I never felt as if it was to much or could get away from me if that makes sense. The GT felt alot quicker but afterall it is a Ford so even though it was like 6 months old and had only 8800 miles on it the car made noises, shimmied, and drove like a 73 Ford Fairmont.

Out of the 2 I liked the 350Z better, I will not lie but it was a 05 and the 350Z's have had known suspension problems untill the 06 model year so I bought my Vette which was cheaper than both and has the ability to make you rethink when and where you can just pounce on the gas. I have nothing against Nissan though and I think the car is a ok effort but sublime at best compared to what it is against which is the STi, Evo, S2000, and GTO. I would take a 2nd gen eclipse or something like that before the 350Z though because the car is aimed at being a touring car and it to me just dont have enough ***** for that stock and to make any real power where it needs it(down low and mid range) you are still stuck with something like you people encounter with Honda's(the spend $2000, $3000, $4000 or more to get it up to a certain level vs getting another car thing)

Old 11-13-2007, 11:48 AM

ORIGINAL: Roto

the altima is a POS....there's a reason for me not getting an 07 V6 coupe...
whats that?

Old 11-15-2007, 06:54 AM
HCF Member

damn...lol thanks marty i was looking into all the cars you mentioned, i already canceled out the 350z though =/ and the gt.....gas is all i think and everyone else thinks. i'll look into an sti, my uncle has one and it's insanely fast

Old 11-15-2007, 06:57 AM
Cat Fuсker

ORIGINAL: blackmassacrer

ORIGINAL: Roto

the altima is a POS....there's a reason for me not getting an 07 V6 coupe...
whats that?
crappy interior panels, overall cheap look, bad seating position, and the moranship of the nissan dealers.