The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

The new Eclipse

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 06:53 PM
Default The new Eclipse

I'm sure that there may have already been a post on this, but I couldn't find it.
First of all, the new Mitsubishi Eclipse is probably going to flop. In my opinion, I think that they tried too hard to style it to be a slick looking car instead of just making a good looking platform. It looks so far from it's previous version that I think it'll deter people from going with it again.

Did you see that commercial for it, where all the other cars bow down to it?
Alright, with all due respect that Mitsubishi deserves for bringing us things like the 4G63, A Mazda FD3S would never bow down to a V6 normally aspirated Eclipse!
Now I know that the entire commercial is fake, but c'mon!
Additionally, I wonder how they made all those cars do that? Do you think they installed airbags in all those cars do do that at the same time? We can only wish....

Old 09-06-2005, 07:32 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: The new Eclipse

i like the new eclipse, but it weighs WAY too much (3300-3600) and gets pretty crappy gas mileage. but the real problem is that its priced a little too high for the market its aimed for. its barely cheaper than an Evo RS, and thats WAY more performance for the money, and the Evo even has 4-doors, so its more versatile too.

Old 09-06-2005, 07:32 PM
HCF Member

When I saw the first eclipse commercial witht he asian drum thing I thought it was tight but the first time I saw one on the street I was like that is gay. It looks like a solara. I was thinking it would be tight but was let down.

Old 09-06-2005, 07:43 PM
HCF Member

Yeah, I think the newly redesigned 350Z is awesome .

Old 09-06-2005, 08:01 PM
HCF Member

i think it looks cool, not that i would buy it ,but it dosent look to bad

Old 09-06-2005, 10:23 PM
HCF Member

i agree with sacs...its a nice car...but its too heavy. it can really move tho...my friends dads girlfriend ownes one and she lets him take it out for a day or two every other week. im not much of a mitsubishi guy...but i have to say i like it. a little weight reduction and it could potentially be killer at the track

Old 09-07-2005, 12:25 AM
HCF Member

The car is selling far better than thought, the V6 has great power but it's fwd 3500lb chassis is killing it.

Old 09-07-2005, 01:00 AM

I thought it was a joke, everyone was saying it was going to be all kinds of performance oreinted and eveything. Yeah, I was like whatever.

Then one of the guys from Road Race Engineering said that the 4g will be a decent competator with the evo and will moslt likely beat the evo from anything above 70mph. I normally wouldnt care what someone says, but the guys from RRE have been described by others and mitsu gods and have been tuning and mastering the 4G63 and other mitsus for a long long long time.

Old 09-07-2005, 04:20 AM

It is a decent car but not the best you can get for the money.
When the 3G came out it was seen in the same light as th 4G.
Pretty much overweight and underpowered. Give it a few years till the aftermarket starts making parts for it.
Should start looking pretty good IMO.

A pretty bad example

Old 09-07-2005, 04:49 AM

I liked the look of it in the commercials, then I actually saw one on the road, garbage was the first thing that came to mind. I've never been a fan of the eclipse, in my mind they will always be a womans car. They look too much like a Tiberon. Eh maybe one day they will design one that can impress me, and then maybe not.

Quick Reply: The new Eclipse