The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Neighbour reverses into my whip!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 11:13 AM
Default RE: Neighbour reverses into my whip!

to answer the female accident question - i have been the driver in 3...but have been in 6.

first accident - 6 months after i got my license, back in 97. someone ran a red, and a chain reaction accident occurred. i was shoved into the truck in front of me by the person behind me, who was following too close. i was not held accountable because, again, the person behind me was following entirely too close. i couldn't see his hood anymore in my rear view. yes, i said his - middle aged man.

second accident - 2 years later. someone decided to make a right hand turn and merge all the way over to the left hand turn lane on a 3 lane road. she shoved me off the highway. she had just gotten her license that morning. no major damage to either vehicle, but i gave her the third degree for it, and sent her home crying. she has since had a clear record - i checked with her parents(their number has been in my phone book, since i made her call them and tell them what she did).

third accident - 2.5 years ago. totalled my car. nearly identical situation to my first accident, though sun glare caused the pileup. again, the man behind me was following way too close in his family sedan, and shoved me into the SUV in front of me. i walked away with injuries and a new car the following day.

those accidents in which i wasn't the driver:
first - ex boyfriend's Spec V. he ended up rearended because he slammed the brakes on a hill, slid, and the girl behind us slid. she totalled her cav.

second - parents' camry, dad driving. my dad's one of the best drivers i know. we ended up getting tboned at an intersection because an idiot in his Evo decided not to pay attention to lights, and ran his red. i walked away with injuries, and evoboy walked himself to his mommy's minivan. we got that car replaced...severe subframe damage.

third - parents' minivan, dad driving. this was another minor one. we were in rush hour traffic. at a dead stop, and felt the van lurch slightly. it turns out some idiot in his miata decided to see what our undercarriage looked like. he totalled his miata, we had damage so minimal that we didn't bother getting it repaired.

so, the running count? women - 2 men - 4.

Old 10-18-2005, 11:31 AM

we should tally everything i think it will be about 50-50 bottom line... the mojority of this country is idiots.

Old 10-18-2005, 11:43 AM
HCF Member

Based on your first post in this thread I don't even want to argue with you.
Case closed in my favor then Mxs, I'm just playing with you about all this. I like getting people all fired up. I'll stop now.

Old 10-18-2005, 11:48 AM
mxs
HCF Member

I could explain what happened and you could be convinced that I'M a good driver, but still believe that all OTHER women suck at driving... hence my comment about anecdotal evidence, a couple of people's stories don't really prove anything.

I'll agree with this though:
ORIGINAL: dj_ipirate

we should tally everything i think it will be about 50-50 bottom line... the mojority of this country is idiots.

Old 10-18-2005, 12:06 PM

When I drive I just assume everyone is an idiot and will do the stupidest thing they possibly can in a deliberate attempt to get me. It's worked pretty well for me.

Old 10-18-2005, 12:10 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Auto98EX

When I drive I just assume everyone is an idiot and will do the stupidest thing they possibly can in a deliberate attempt to get me. It's worked pretty well for me.
Pretty much my approach. I think of the worst thing anybody could do while I'm driving and prepare for it.

Old 10-18-2005, 12:48 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Ray012874

We should never generalize however, in my personal experience, my mom and most women that I know, (not all women in the world) but that I know, cannot make the split second decision needed to avoid an accident or know the exact measurements of the car to drive through a small space or make a turn without hitting another car. Again, not generalizing but from the women that I know, none except my sister can drive. I'm teaching my wife now how to drive and the first thing I'm teaching her is the width of the car and the capabilities of the car.

There are some men who are bad drivers too. I have not caused or been in an accident in the last 12 years.
Agreed. Quick decisions and close quarters driving are not performed well by most women. NEway, hope you get everything back to like it was or maybe even better.[sm=signs003.gif]

Old 10-18-2005, 01:37 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: snoochiebooches

i want to ask - how many of the men/boys around here have been in accidents they caused? and how many women?
I've caused 0 accidents. When I had my old civic It got seriously messed up twice by two girls. Got rear ended on the highway cause she didn't realize that we were stopped. Hit me going 60... thank god no one was in the back of my car, the trunk was where the backseat use to be. It also pushed me into the dude in front of me, then him into the person in front of him, then them into the person in front of them, 5 cars total, two of them fully destroyed. And thing thing is... we were all stopped because some chick was stopped in the middle of a three lane highway. I have pics of it somewhere, I'll see if i can dig em up... it's kinda surreal, my car was seriously like half the lenghth it was before, my freind and I walked away with not even a bruse (after we climbed out the moonroof cause the doors were all jammed shut.) That's half the reason I bought another Civic, definitely feel safe in them after that.

The other one, a chick pulled out of a driveway onto a one way road, the wrong way and nailed me head on, I never even had time to blink. It was only like 20 mph combined impact but still does a decent amount of damage.

Oh, and don't think I'm saying all girls can't drive... my mom and I went to a subaru racing camp thing together... she's the man.

Old 10-18-2005, 03:20 PM

[sm=headbang.gif]

hehe...i just thought of something. have you ever noticed how you're always a much better driver than the people around you....and what do you want to bet the people around you think the same thing. the grandpa who drives 10mph everywhere thinks the kid in the honda civic flying past him is a horrible, wreckless driver. meanwhile, the kid in the civic is thinking old people shouldn't be allowed to even think about driving.

i will admit the one thing that still kicks my *** on occasion: parallel parking. it's usually a 50/50 chance that i can actually do it the first try.

Old 10-18-2005, 04:16 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: xe1002

hehe...i just thought of something. have you ever noticed how you're always a much better driver than the people around you....and what do you want to bet the people around you think the same thing. the grandpa who drives 10mph everywhere thinks the kid in the honda civic flying past him is a horrible, wreckless driver. meanwhile, the kid in the civic is thinking old people shouldn't be allowed to even think about driving.

soooo true, and yet i never thought of it that way

Quick Reply: Neighbour reverses into my whip!