The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

national / real id

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 06:46 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: national / real id

^ that i can agree with. but on a person to person basis i can never see it happening.

Think Logans Run mixed with Childen of Men

Old 04-26-2007, 10:26 PM
HCF Member

thats totaly stupid. theres no way that will ever happen.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:32 PM
HCF Member

i hope not

Old 04-26-2007, 10:36 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Roto

I willdie fightingbefore someone will do that to me and that is such bull****. **** that.
I've been against the Patriot Act since its inception. The Patriot Act (and later the Patriot Act II) was passed shortly after 9/11 to give the Federal Government power to fight "terrorism". Nobody in Congress fought the Patriot. Why? Because if they didn't they would be thought of as soft on terrorism. What does the Patriot Act allow? The federal government can tap phones and search anything at any time for any reason without a warrent. The federal government can detain (put in jail) anyone for any reason at any time for an indefinate amount of time without charging you for any crime and without a trial of any sort. There are plenty of people who are sitting in jail right now for this reason. Everyone says its not happening. Not only is it happening, we are sitting back and allowing it to happen. Roto said he will die fighting, nobody is fighting. It seems that today we are more afraid of a threat of terrorism than protecting our right to privacy and civil liberty. This administration has scared the American people ****less of terrorists. To the point where anything that has to do with terrorism fighting terrorism is OK. The American people are sacraficing thier liberty for "security" or a false of security. Benjamin Franklin once said those who are willing to sacrafice security for liberty deserve neither.

Old 04-27-2007, 12:14 AM

First of all - I don't see that happening in our lifetime. Second, this tracking thing could eventually turn into a device that would inform the authorities anytime you commit something illegal (speeding, running lights, etc.). I suppose that if this device is only meant for tracking - I really wouldn't have a problem with it. If you aren't doing anything wrong, why would you care? However, this raises yet another concern - the definition of "wrong" could be skewed against you.

Old 04-27-2007, 12:59 AM
Cat Fuсker

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

ORIGINAL: Roto

I willdie fightingbefore someone will do that to me and that is such bull****. **** that.
I've been against the Patriot Act since its inception. The Patriot Act (and later the Patriot Act II) was passed shortly after 9/11 to give the Federal Government power to fight "terrorism". Nobody in Congress fought the Patriot. Why? Because if they didn't they would be thought of as soft on terrorism. What does the Patriot Act allow? The federal government can tap phones and search anything at any time for any reason without a warrent. The federal government can detain (put in jail) anyone for any reason at any time for an indefinate amount of time without charging you for any crime and without a trial of any sort. There are plenty of people who are sitting in jail right now for this reason. Everyone says its not happening. Not only is it happening, we are sitting back and allowing it to happen. Roto said he will die fighting, nobody is fighting. It seems that today we are more afraid of a threat of terrorism than protecting our right to privacy and civil liberty. This administration has scared the American people ****less of terrorists. To the point where anything that has to do with terrorism fighting terrorism is OK. The American people are sacraficing thier liberty for "security" or a false of security. Benjamin Franklin once said those who are willing to sacrafice security for liberty deserve neither.
Agent, I will do as I said.

Old 04-27-2007, 01:04 AM
HCF Member

I wouldn't care at all, really. I do not build bombs and I dont steal. That video sounds like propaganda, though... they said they can "TAKE YOUR MONEY AT WILL".... the IRS can do that right now if they want! The video was the biggest slippery slope I have ever heard! But they arent putting any chip inside of me. That one I will fight.

Old 04-27-2007, 08:50 AM
HCF Member

That Video is so misleading. The Real ID act has nothing to with implanting chips into people. Its about using the RFID technology to put a chip on everyones drivers license. The idiots that made that video are just trying to scare everyone. Google Real ID act and do some reading. It has absolutely nothing to do with implanting chips in you.

Old 04-27-2007, 07:10 PM
HCF Member

Alot of people say that they have nothing to hide. However, I don't think that is the point. The point is that the government has no right to track its citizens (even if the chips are in DLs). I think that the slippery slope argument is a valid one. The **** party in Germany did not take control of Germany over night, they did it slowly. I think that it is our duty as citizens to preserve every right we are given by the bill of rights. The bill of rights exists for a reason and allowing it to be eroded does not help anyone. As for the argument of we will not see it happen in our lifetime. If everyone that came before us had the same mentality then we would have been really screwed by now. And to roto, I didn't mean to offend you and I have full belief that you would fight to defend your rights. However, the problem is that alot of the stuff that is happening is happening under the noses of the public. Most of the people do not know what the Patriot act allows the government to do because the media does not cover it at all. Nobody knows about the people who are sitting in prison right now but have not been charged with any crime because the government will not release that information.

Old 04-28-2007, 12:56 AM
HCF Member

any one read the bible mark of the beast ring a bell

Quick Reply: national / real id