The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

My dog is a trooper... just not a smart one

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 11:33 PM
HCF Member
Default My dog is a trooper... just not a smart one

Well as most of you know I live out in the middle of nowhere, so to keep me busy I have 2 beagles. Well this morning one of them got underneath the fence and ran off for a good portion of the morning, so I waited for her to come home (she always comes home) well were outside when she came home and came out to the shop and barked at me once and then she layed down so i knew something was wrong. Well I went up to her and she had a huge gash down her side and it had been torn open, as in skin was hanging off and her layer of fat hanging out so I ran in and got my Mother so we drove her into the animal clinic where she was knocked out and stitched back together. Well after we came home after dropping her off i walked down to the creek hoping to find some metal that may had cut her or something of the sort. Well anywasie what I found was quite startling I happened to find one small dead newtrea with a larger one running to the water, there was blood in the water and all over in the grass. So i tossed the dead one back in the creek. Well when I went to pick her up the vet said she pulled a claw out of her side so she most certainly got into a fight. But surprisingly she lived through it and she is all stitched back together. The thing that amazes me most about is that she managed to walk home with her side torn open like that. The last dog I had was a Blue Tick/ Beagle mix and it was killed in a fight against a newt, copper (the one who got in the fight today) is a much smaller pup and she made it through. Im very thankful that she was spared chances are that newt could have easily killed her.

Old 06-04-2006, 11:39 PM
Default RE: My dog is a trooper... just not a smart one

damn good thing she got home. how many stitches?

Old 06-04-2006, 11:42 PM
HCF Member

Old 06-05-2006, 12:46 AM

OUCH!!! what did she fight?

Old 06-05-2006, 12:52 AM
Stinky Administrator

damn glad shes ok

Old 06-05-2006, 07:11 AM
HCF Member

That looks like a pretty bad gash,Cute dog though.My cat cali sometimes sleeps on the water heater that has insulation around it,I think it is messin with her lungs she sometimes sounds like she cant breath.Cali is going to the vet for her rabies shot here in a couple of weeks.So I will ask them about it.Tomorrow is her Birthday 1 year old.Good luck with the healin.

Old 06-05-2006, 08:04 AM
HCF Member

What is a newtrea?

Old 06-05-2006, 08:47 AM
Cat Fuсker

kinda like a lake rat if I recall right...also quite tasty if cooked good.

Old 06-05-2006, 09:01 AM

that would be a big *** rat!!!

Old 06-05-2006, 01:02 PM
HCF Member

Yeah its like a huge swamp rat I guess its actually spelled Nutria but heres a picture of a couple

Quick Reply: My dog is a trooper... just not a smart one