The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Might be selling the mustang in the spring

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 04:48 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Not really, even my shortened project of just suspension, wheels, brakes, interior, and exterior is close to $8k. Mustang parts are just effin' expensive compared to civic parts.

And comparatively, bikes are cheaper to insure; the coverage I have on the mustang is ~$950/yr. The exact same coverage on a bike is ~$550/yr.

I think I am going to buy my toys first and worry about what I'm doing later. By the time I have the ar-15 and handgun, I'll have a good idea of how much money I'll have to play with after bills and student loans.

Old 12-25-2009, 05:49 PM
Recognized HCF Member

both guns.... hell i only got one cheapie gun.lol cheapie highpoint380 but about 8years later and still no problems with it while shooting at the range every now and then. tho i would like a new better gun, something smaller for ease to carry/hide!
hell good guns aint cheap

you can always list the stang on craigs for a test sale... ya never know when someone with cash will want ur ride.

Old 12-25-2009, 07:37 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by reaper2022
Bike Pros:
-Cheaper insurance
-Cheaper maintenance
-Great fuel economy (my worst average was ~32mpg, and that was riding like I was Nicky Hayden the entire tank)
-Fun
-Zen-like (you wouldn't understand if you've never ridden)
-Cheap to modify
dude there is no better feeling than after working a 14hr day and comming home to your bike and no anybody who doesn't ride would never understand

ugh if i had a job right now id put a bid on a mint repoed bike that is at a local credit union 06 zx-10r Monster Energy green ugh boner just thinking of it lol i bet i could get it for 2500-3grand

Old 12-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

my uncle was always a harley fan, im talking big time, he does tattoo's, if you pulled up on a honda bike, he would not tattoo you.. he was always a harley biker.. i never liked em, i always liked kawasaki ninjas and other street bikes, i rly dont care for full dresser bikes or just any bike like that, i like street bikes, and i cant wait till i get one.. hopefully soon!

Old 12-26-2009, 04:11 AM
HCF Member

you should have seen my dad's harley the thing was amasing he had over $30g's into aftermarket parts. tho quite a few were only strip legal lol, but he is a sportbike rider and rode it like a sportbike, and literally was shearing bolts because of how much power it had when he was done moding it, and it was sleek and georgous (spelling?). anyhow he got rid of it, because shearing bolts isn't safe lol. he is now gunna get a concours 1400 its a half oldman bike half sportbike, with the zx-14r engine in it. its a total sleeper

Old 12-26-2009, 11:18 AM
Snail'n Admin

cereal chris. make up your mind. You text me with a new idea daily. you are definitely the woman in the relationship

Old 12-26-2009, 02:24 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

Originally Posted by GReddy_Civic
cereal chris. make up your mind. You text me with a new idea daily. you are definitely the woman in the relationship
hahaha, this made me giggle!

i used to be the same way untill i quit my job.. now i dont have money to think of ideas! haha, but srsly, if you would put all of those ideas into play, that would be a badass mustang, the problomes are money and time..

Old 12-26-2009, 03:53 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Pretty much... if I had the money, the car would've been completely done about 6 months ago.

And trent, it's not every day. It's more like once a week... and I've already told you you're my financial concierge, which is why I throw the ideas past you

Also, harley riders suck. The bikes fall apart (even without aftermarket modifications) and are slow as ***** and handle about as well as an M1A1 Abrams. I don't care what harley riders say about sportbikes, the fact of the matter is sportbikes are designed to sacrifice ***** things like rider comfort and fuel tank size for things like acceleration (0-60 times around 2-3s), top speed (~160 on a 600), handling (I regularly threw my cbr around a certain 25mph turn at between 75 and 85), and braking. Hell, my cbr wrapped out at 72mph in first gear; I still had another 5 to go

Old 12-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

harleys are always leaking oil too haha

Old 01-25-2010, 05:25 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Yup. I was at my friend's house today and he had his Duc in his garage next to his friend's '08 Ninja 250r. Definitely considering getting rid of the mustang this spring and rocking a bike all spring, summer, and fall. Then probably buy a civic towards fall to DD.

Interesting note: the gas tank on the 250r makes what can only be described as a "meow" occasionally when the bike is cold. I both almost p*ssed my pants laughing and lost any respect I had for 250's when it happened

*ninja edit: okay, seriously, I doubt I'll get rid of the mustang for it, but I think Imma get the mustang to "good enough" status and save for a bike. I'm kind of tired of the mustang already, but I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to get rid of it outright.

Quick Reply: Might be selling the mustang in the spring