The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Might be selling the mustang in the spring

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 02:52 PM
March 2010 ROTM

Since your in KY now, you will be able to find a swap cheap. GSR swaps go for $2500 or less pretty often. H22 swaps go super cheap here. I have seen 3 H22 motors sell for under $800 in the last 3 months. And I was assuming you would be doing the swap yourself. B18bs go for dirt cheap too, add boost or LSVTEC and your still making nice power. Check out the for sale section of www.502streetscene.net or the Cinci craigslist. Honda swaps are much lower around here. And the Louisville pull-a-part gets Integras in often....thats a $100 B motor.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:09 PM
Super Cereal Admin

The prices I always quote are ordering engines from somewhere like HMO and replacing the ignition system, water pump, timing belt, and clutch.

Also, if I sell the mustang, I'll probably buy a bike first, meaning my budget for a civic will be borderline non-existent, so a swap wouldn't happen for a long time if at all. But if I swap, I'll probably go with the h22. If not, I might just boost the dirty d.

*edit: and any swapping that goes on involving my car will be done by me. I'm not paying a shop a grand to do what I could do in a weekend if not less.

Last edited by reaper2022; 11-18-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:03 PM
March 2010 ROTM

I could also point you to a person who has done many H swaps in a day for only a couple hundred bucks. The H is a little trickier than the B, but well worth it in my opinion. For some reason, people around here don't seem to like H motors so they sell cheap as hell.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:23 PM
HCF Member

well i still have all winter to think about it and as long as its fixed then i don't care

Old 11-18-2009, 07:22 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Honestly, I probably won't do anything for the front suspension except get camber/caster plates with more adjustment so I can bring the front end back into specifications; the suspension isn't causing a pull and the car handles just fine, I just want you to know something's bent, I just don't know what. But I plan on trying to find a new (sort of) set of stock wheels to replace the bent one. I think until then I might road-force balance the wheels to try to eliminate most of the vibration from it.

Plethoric, right now I'm thinking of just sticking with the dirty d. I love me a good h22 swap (especially if four throttle bodies are involved *drools*), but I want something I can eventually boost the sh*t out of. Actually, I've been thinking, and I might just get an EG and dump the rest of the money I get from the stang into it. Right now, I'm thinking coilovers, oem front lip, oem fogs, throw the Tenzo seats in it (sorry kanarrjl... I like my seats lol), some kind of wheel (rotas, most likely), and put the rest of the money towards boost.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:57 PM
HCF Member

Just copy me, V8 RWD the civic.

Done andddd done.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:41 AM
HCF Member

you suck i wanted thos bad

Old 11-22-2009, 07:04 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Haha, sorry... I love the seats too much to let 'em go

Anyway, give me a few minutes and I should have some exhaust videos posted.

Also, plethoric, I just noticed a few posts back that it seems like RWD is the only reason I want the nissan... ...old nissan. That actually couldn't be further from the truth. RWD is the main thing the s13 would have over an eg IMO. I've driven more than a few s13's, and I absolutely love the cars, stock, modified, whatever. I kicked my friend Derek's Chuki sideways onto an onramp the first time I drove it, and it was a bone stock Super Hicas. If I can do that on a stock SH, imagine what fun I'd have with a modified s13

*edit: kanarrjl, you're getting the raw video. I can't find a decent program to cut the beginning and end of the video off, and I can't remember what I had on my old computer. Also, the car has the stock cam, but is running a ton of ignition advance and the IACV is restricted. If you'd want to make it a little more cold-start friendly, it'd be as easy as pulling timing on the tuner and putting the stock IACV gasket back in. Personally, I like the cammed-out-the-a** idle it has when if first starts up

Here's the video though.

Last edited by reaper2022; 11-22-2009 at 07:35 AM.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:01 PM
HCF Member

sweet thanks for posting the vid where did you get the seats anyways? how much did you spend?

Old 11-22-2009, 12:16 PM
Super Cereal Admin

No problem... I have a drive-by video I'll see if I can't post and I did an in-car video but you really can't hear anything in it.

And I actually got the seats from a friend back in PA; they were sitting in his shed for a few years and he ended up selling them to me for $300 for the pair, then I ended up buying Corbeau seat rails for another $200. The seat rails aren't perfect (the passenger seat is too close to the center console and the driver seat touches the door panel), but I figured they'd do until I got some corbeau seats. I'll tell you what... give me an even $5k and I'll keep the seats in the car

Quick Reply: Might be selling the mustang in the spring