The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Might be selling the mustang in the spring

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 03:22 PM
Super Cereal Admin

You know it's a reconstructed title, right?

But yeah, it has MAC Longtube headers, Magnaflow high-flow cats on what was once an off-road H-pipe and summit racing duals (magnaflow 3.5" tips)... for everything else, check my project thread front-page... it has the full list of what's been done to it.

And here's an exhaust vid of when I first put the duals on, before the longtubes and high-flows. After I put cats on it, it sounds a lot less raspy. I'll see if I can't get a good exhaust video up tomorrow.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:29 PM
HCF Member

I prefer to ride alone. I hate worrying about other riders. They sometimes make big mistakes, and get in your way, or all around drive like asshats. When I roll alone, I go where I want, and see nothing but open roads. I've driven to Kansas before, not even realizing.

Man, I need another bike.=\

Old 11-17-2009, 05:24 PM
March 2010 ROTM

I would never go with a B16 anyway. Those are garbage. I'd go with a GSR or H22 swap any day. If you have 2k to spend thats easily a h22 swap and could find a GSR for around that. And the guy that said you have never seen a B motor making 400whp under 4k, where have you been?

Old 11-17-2009, 05:57 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Originally Posted by plethoric33
I would never go with a B16 anyway. Those are garbage. I'd go with a GSR or H22 swap any day.
Unless you're finding a motor locally for a great deal, you're looking at $4k for an H22 or GSR by the time it's in the car. It'd be around $2500 to swap an sr20 into a 240 and a little less for a ca18det, both of which are factory-turbo'd.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:14 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by plethoric33
And the guy that said you have never seen a B motor making 400whp under 4k, where have you been?
Right here.
To make sure we are on the same page, I am counting the price of the swap in the 4G, not just mods.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:28 PM
July 2010 ROTM

factory turbo ftw, seriously....

Old 11-18-2009, 06:02 AM

DONT DO IT! You will end up buying another stang in 4 years. I still miss a 5.0 mustang I had a few years ago. I ended up buying a nicer one a year after I sold it. It seriously feels like not getting over an ex girlfriend. lol just a little worse.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:29 AM
July 2010 ROTM

5.0? are u serious? if the archaic suspension isnt bad enough, having a pushrod engine too??? yuck! might as well ride a harley too! nike!!! idk how to make it big like that. im pretty stupid on computers...

Old 11-18-2009, 01:14 PM
HCF Member

i don't care if its reconstructed as long as it drives good but a new vid would be great

Old 11-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Super Cereal Admin

fortknox - I know where you're coming from, and I love the mustang, but there's only two reasons I bought it in the first place: it's a 5-speed and it's rwd. I love how aggressive it looks and I love kicking the back end out in the rain (it'll do it on dry pavement no problem, but tires aren't cheap lol), but I think I miss riding more than I'll miss the mustang. Besides, it's just a li'l sixxer, so it gives me a good reason to upgrade. I'm thinking either a '99/'01 cobra or a termi with a '99/'01 front end

MBrent - watch whatchu say 'bout pushrods lol... the essex engine in my stang is an OHV too

supersize - to do everything (within reason) I wanted to do to the car would be too expensive. Realistically, I could lower it, get the body work done, get it painted, and be satisfied enough to call it "finished". But it's obviously not my first car (I still miss that ej1), so I think getting rid of it will be easier than selling the civic or my F4i.

kanarrjl - I'll try to get a new exhaust clip up soon. I didn't get off work on time and it's dark and rainy right now, but as soon as I get a chance I'll get a new exhaust clip. As far as how it drives, at least one of the wheels is slightly bent, so there's vibration from that, and something in the front suspension is bent (that's why I was planning on going with a tubular k-member and a-arms, as well as coilover conversions), so there's that. The camber can't be brought back into spec with the stock plates, but I'll be getting Maximum Motorsport 4-bolt camber/caster plates soon, and they should be able to take care of it.

Quick Reply: Might be selling the mustang in the spring