The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Might be selling the mustang in the spring

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 05:52 PM
HCF Member

Why not save up for civic during the winter, and buy when you get enough? Then, get the bike during the riding season?
I don't know your budget or anything, but this sounds like a good plan to me. =)

Old 11-16-2009, 06:14 PM
HCF Member

1 all rangers can take a serious beating id get one any day my friend jumped one over a road clear over it and landed hit a tree and all that happened is i pulled the bumper back out with my 1500 ram
2where can you get a f.i. bike for under 4k? i spent 1k on a 88 cbr 600 that had been dropped at least once and needs some tlc for me to get a f.i. bike id have to spend at least 5500 yeah no price drops around here you can ride a bike for 3 years and only loose 500 in value

Old 11-16-2009, 07:17 PM
March 2010 ROTM

Seems to me the logical thing to do would be sell the Mustang. You know its going to cost a ridiculous amount of cash to get where you want. And as far as the Civic vs S13 goes...seems the only reason you want the Nissan is RWD. That means the whole time your building it, it will still just look like an old Nissan. I personally don't think they look nice at all, everyone just wants a decent priced RWD car that can make power. Obviously, you love the dumped EG look as do I. Like you said, you can just be low and slow lookin sick for a while, and then build. I have seen many civics beat 240s on the street, I even pulled on the only one I have raced. B motors are getting even cheaper thanks to the K series takeover. Having 6k in a Civic can do soooo much more than 6k in a 240. Just my 2 cents.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:35 PM
July 2010 ROTM

u seem pretty knowledgeable plethoric, but i disagree. i work @ roadcourses in the southeast (carolina motorsports park, barber, talladega gp, road atlanta, roebling road, etc.) and ive never seen a swapped civic that could handle a rb swapped 240. i agree that 240's are ugly, and look like they have 4wd suspension, but 6k in a factory turbo linear 6cyl vs a factory n/a 4cyl? idk man. i dont think its there. rb20's are inexpensive in alabama. im not sure about 26dett's, but lots o' potential with 2 more cylinders following roughly the same volumetric efficiency formula as a honda b series...

Old 11-16-2009, 09:20 PM
HCF Member

Don't forget about the RB25! Super awesome platform for under 2G. RB20 for around 1500. Pure and simple, the RB = Race Bread. Its a race platform engine. I know some of the local nissan guys from the monthly meet, and some have the RB setup. A lot of them are pushing over 400 HP, and have told us how to do it for less than 4G. I do not know of a B series build that can match that with the money.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:22 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

civic > 240 anyday

Old 11-16-2009, 10:30 PM
HCF Member

U = on crack ... everyday. And I mean that in the nicest way.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:07 AM
HCF Member

reaper i might be interested in that stang for either me or a friend but both would be next spring as you were planing, im tired of my gf not being impressed by my civic she loved my truck and didn't tell me so untill i traded it for the civic, and she loves mustangs so i was thinkin of either a mustang or a lifted ram but i will be keeping one of the civics

Old 11-17-2009, 08:09 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Originally Posted by kanarrjl
2where can you get a f.i. bike for under 4k? i spent 1k on a 88 cbr 600 that had been dropped at least once and needs some tlc for me to get a f.i. bike id have to spend at least 5500 yeah no price drops around here you can ride a bike for 3 years and only loose 500 in value
Bikes are retardedly high in your area then. I bought my '01 F4i two summers ago for $4k with a Picotte Shoei RF-900 helmet, the thing was in immaculate condition with about 7k miles. '01-'03 F4i's go for between $3k and $4k around here, ~'03 R6's go for the same prices, the same year gsx-r's go for a little less, but in the same general price range, and '03-ish zx-6r's go for about $4k.

But anyway, I'll talk to you in the spring. I'd like to get $4500 for it; I don't really have to sell it, so I can afford to sit on it until I find someone willing to pay me what I want (not to sound cocky or anything...it's just if I don't get at least that there's really no point in me selling it).

Right now I'm thinking I might just save up $1500 or so in cash and buy a civic in the spring (or whenever I have the money)... my friend who was originally going to get a bike decided he wants to get an rx-8 (I'm not sure why), so if he goes through with that, I won't really have anyone to ride with (not that there's anything wrong with riding alone; it's just a lot more fun riding with other people)... it's probably just going to come down to whether or not he gets a bike. I've been thinking about the financing deal, and while I can afford payments on the bike, I don't think I'd be able to afford insurance on the 'stang and full coverage on a bike.

(and plethoric, an sr20 swap is a drop-in swap you can pick up for $2k (red-top sr). The difference between it and a b16 is it's a little over 200bhp and comes with a t25 from the factory. $6k in a 240 will get you a lot more than $6k in a civic if you know what to buy and where to get it from.)

*edit: also, like I said in the first post, I kind of finally accepted the fact that my mustang project is way out of my price range. I'll still do some small things to it (body work, lowering, etc), but it won't be fully built like I originally planned. That's assuming I still have the mustang in 6 months, though.

Last edited by reaper2022; 11-17-2009 at 08:17 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:37 PM
HCF Member

yeah for 4500 im really serious about it come springtime and i know how it sucks riding by yourself ive been trying to talk all of my friends into getting one for the last 3 years (since i was 16). does the stang have an ehxhaust on it? if so could i get a clip?

Quick Reply: Might be selling the mustang in the spring