The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Might be selling the mustang in the spring

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 02:31 PM
July 2010 ROTM

ive done nothing but love and snuggle my civic, and it's dead, so....? some cars are hit and miss. i had a 94 ranger 2.3 5spd that i raped and tortured every day of its life. had 287k on it when i traded it in for an eclipse. i miss both! all ive ever heard is rangers are crap, so how did mine last so long, only having changed oil, alternator, and clutch? reaper, get what u want man!

Old 11-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Originally Posted by MBrent
reaper, get what u want man!
haha, that's the problem... I want both cars... the 240 would be something different for me and is rwd, but the civic can go way lower and I'm more familiar with them (I'm familiar with s13's, too, just not as much... worked on two of my friends' s13s). Like I said, I think it's pretty much going to come down to what I can find for a better deal at the time.

Old 11-16-2009, 03:30 PM
HCF Member

Solution : Start off with bike and civic. Later, get S13. Epic win.

Old 11-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Super Cereal Admin

This is true... definitely an option, anyway.

Now I'm just starting to have second thoughts about getting rid of the mustang, but I'm still thinking I'll end up saying bye to her. I want to keep the mustang, but I want a bike more, and at this point it's about the only option for me =/

Old 11-16-2009, 03:59 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

if you think the mustang gets you alot of looks, you would get double if u let it go cause you have a bike and a sexxy civic... 2 for 1...

Old 11-16-2009, 04:23 PM
Super Cereal Admin

True... but the stang gets more attention than my civic did lol

What I'm thinking I might do now is get a bank loan to buy the bike ($4k loan at the standard automotive loan of 60 months means I could double up the payments and cut the interest in half and still be able to afford it), then while I'm paying that off save up what I can and hopefully have a mustang, bike, and civic by next fall/winter (of course I wouldn't technically own the bike until it was paid off). At this point it's just an idea, but it's the most attractive proposition I have right now. I'm going to stop by my bank and get an idea of what my monthly payment would be on a bike loan this weekend and I'll have a better idea of whether or not it's plausible then.

Old 11-16-2009, 04:47 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

but then you have insurance for 3 things... but that does sound like a good deal.. all 3 haha

Old 11-16-2009, 05:00 PM
Super Cereal Admin

meh, liability on all three. Actually, the bike would be whatever I need while making payments on it, the mustang would carry what it has now (liability with under/uninsured driver coverage), and the civic would have minimum (maybe with under/uninsured and theft coverage). Trust me, I'll be shopping around for insurance to make sure I can afford it.

But apparently PNC's APR on a used car loan ranges from 4% to 9.5%, so with a $4k loan (enough to get a fuel-injected 600) going with the maximum 48 months, I'm looking at around a $100/mo payment, so I'd probably be able to make more than the minimum monthly payments... so basically, it's looking like I should be able to afford to keep the mustang and buy a bike. Now, whether or not I can afford a civic by next winter will pretty much be up to whether I can afford insurance on three vehicles at once and if I can budget enough to buy a 3rd vehicle. And no, I don't have my priorities in check

Old 11-16-2009, 05:29 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

you got to watch tho cause national city just merged with pnc and all that ***** gettin mixxed up.. they told us our account balance was -300 bux... we called and they were like oh, we cant find your records, call back tomorrow. then they said dont worry, your account is in the clear, then they sent a bill for overdraft when we never did.. their douche nuggets..

Old 11-16-2009, 05:35 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I'm pretty sure they'll have everything sorted out by March/April/May when I actually plan on taking out the loan, though. I can understand some confusion with accounts, though... you're talking about two large bank chains with tens (or hundreds) of thousands of customers and merging the chains... I'm sure there's a lot of confusion going on...

and it could be worse. Thanks to a paypal mistake, I got charged for $2k worth of mustang parts I bought twice... about 4 months apart. Needless to say, my account was overdrafted until paypal realized they were retarded. And I still had to pay the overdraft fees >=/

Quick Reply: Might be selling the mustang in the spring