The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Might be selling the mustang in the spring

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 03:08 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Ummm... I drove a civic in PA for 3 years... I know how they do in the snow

And the weird thing about KY is that it'll be snowy one day and 65 and sunny the next day. But at the same time, I'd like to spend a little more time enjoying the mustang and the attention it gets before I sell it. Besides, I'll just wait until the registration is about to expire (April, I think) before I sell it

Old 11-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

you can put 1000's into civics and never get back what you put in once u re-sell them. mustangs would probably be a better return. i would sell the stang and get ur bike and a civic again. i hate 240's, my buddys just flat out died on the highway and he never beat on it or anything like that.. he had the ca18det tho, and it ****in flew haha. whatever you do tho, just make sure your going to be happy in the long run.

Old 11-15-2009, 03:25 PM
Super Cereal Admin

it wasn't a blue s13 hatch with a wide body kit, was it? Kid named Matt built it?

anyway, I'd imagine the mustang would get a slightly better return on mods, but I know I'll still never come close to seeing what I put into it. I'm thinking I can probably get between $4500 and $5k for the stang... I could probably get a little more, but it's a PA reconstructed title, so yeah =/

Old 11-15-2009, 03:28 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

nah it was candy red.. what year is your mustang? i thot that they go for wayyyyyy more than 5k

Old 11-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Super Cereal Admin

'01... it's an R-title, so I'm not going to get what I would for it if it were a clean title. But as far as V6's go, one with a clean title and 72k miles would go for like $6k probably.

And I was going to say Matt drifted his s13 and generally beat the crap out of it before selling it... it was a beast, though... regularly threw flames when he hit the limiter

Old 11-15-2009, 03:40 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

lol his dad owned his since they bought it off the showroom floor haha, i always thot mustangs sold for more than that.. my science teacher had a mustang, a few of his students went out and took his rims and left his car on bricks and put his wheels in the teachers lounge... he was pissed cause he jsut bought it, he said it was way to expensive to have pranks pulled like that.. prolly the funnyest day in school (besides everyone throwing condoms at the substitute teacher XD but thats a different story)

Old 11-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I'm thinking it had something to do with the swap then... they're normally just as reliable as civics.

Right now I'm leaning towards a civic, though. I kind of want a 240sx more, but I'm thinking with an S13, things would get expensive very fast. The taillights and body kit I'd get would be $1,800 total, right off the bat. With a civic, I'm thinking i/h/e, a stage 3 cam and complimenting valvetrain components, coilovers, some suspension bracing, a spoon front lip, EK skirts, type-r rear lip, carbon fiber hood and trunk, and eventually some 16" ce28n's.

And my mustang msrp'd at $19,390. I have the window sticker to prove it

Old 11-15-2009, 04:55 PM

I still doubt that you'll actually sell. You'll change your mind again and keep it. lol.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:57 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

i would def get the civic haha. every nissan i know of broke down lol

Old 11-15-2009, 05:28 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Originally Posted by supersize
i would def get the civic haha. every nissan i know of broke down lol
You have to remember I settled on the mustang... and I really, really miss riding

Quick Reply: Might be selling the mustang in the spring