The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Microsoft zune mp3 player

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 10:20 PM
Ben
Default RE: Microsoft zune mp3 player

ORIGINAL: mrClen

i think ipod is much better for now. been waiting for the iphone
Zune>Ipod....the zune holds close to 8,000 songs.

Old 01-28-2007, 10:32 PM
HCF Member

Microsoft is doing the same thing that Apple is when it comes to downloading music...
If you download music from the Zune marketplace, it will only play on zune players.
weak.

Any songs you have that are 'PlayForSure' compatible are not compatible with Zune, Which is extremely bad because the Zune marketplace is pretty empty...not many songs to choose from yet.
weak.

You can transfer music from zune to zune, wirelessly, but the songs only play 3 times, then they expire.
weak.

The ipod has been out for a longer time and has an established market, thus making the product selection wider than the selection for the Zune.

niether of the products really appeal to me. dont get me wrong, if i was given either one i would appreciate it and probably use it a lot, but right now i would personally hold off on the purchase of either one.

Old 01-28-2007, 11:38 PM

There both pretty over priced... but the zune is better, apple is a terrible company period.. you can only use apple products with apple products, or apple lisenced products with them. Itunes is a terrible media library program, with Zune you get WMP (use 10, 11 beta sucks right now) it's the best computer library out right now. Zune has a FM tuner, bigger screen, and wireless sharing (albeit limited).

Job's has openly said that they want you to buy a new Ipod every year.. meaning they'll keep making it better.. also meaning they'll make more money (also meaning you'll never have the best ipod out unless you want to spend $50 more every year than the proceeding year) Ipods also lock up every 2 GD hours.. but whatev.

About the Iphone...i'm asking all other teenagers.. please... please.. please dont spend $600 of your parents money on this bs.. or spend two paychecks on it.. PLEASE

Old 01-29-2007, 01:23 AM
HCF Member

enjoy the zune while you can. its gonna go the way of zens and irivers.... lol.

Old 01-29-2007, 02:14 AM
HCF Member

iPod will always pwn j00. Like it or not. ^The doctor is right.

Old 01-29-2007, 09:18 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Tater

hm let me find how it compares to a ipod better in all aspects.
I was searching this on the net, theres web sites that compare the two, I would post the link but its on my computer at home. But if you google it, you will find it... Im pretty sure Im going for the ipod.

And for the new ipod coming out all the time, thats the same with everything...cars,computers,t.vs, video games,cell phones ect..ect.. You cant get away from it no matter what you buy, as soon as you buy somthing, somthing better is going to be coming out.

Old 01-29-2007, 09:26 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: CheatyMcShiftyEye

There both pretty over priced... but the zune is better, apple is a terrible company period.. you can only use apple products with apple products, or apple lisenced products with them. Itunes is a terrible media library program, with Zune you get WMP (use 10, 11 beta sucks right now) it's the best computer library out right now. Zune has a FM tuner, bigger screen, and wireless sharing (albeit limited).

Job's has openly said that they want you to buy a new Ipod every year.. meaning they'll keep making it better.. also meaning they'll make more money (also meaning you'll never have the best ipod out unless you want to spend $50 more every year than the proceeding year) Ipods also lock up every 2 GD hours.. but whatev.

About the Iphone...i'm asking all other teenagers.. please... please.. please dont spend $600 of your parents money on this bs.. or spend two paychecks on it.. PLEASE
I beg to differ... I'm actually running several windows programs on my mac right now... and they're actually microsoft formatted programs. What's so bad about iTunes? A monkey could use it. It's great and has everything you need. The zune only lets you share a song once or something like that, but there's a way to delete it out of your history so you can send it again... still not worth the effort. Also, you don't think that MICROSOFT is going to come out with a new zune every half year to increase sales?

Unless you want the dreaded microsoft blue screen of death to show up while you're trying to play music... get an ipod.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:54 AM
HCF Member

I'de go with the Zune. There is one for sale on this forum: https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_344186/tm.htm

Old 01-29-2007, 11:27 AM
HCF Member

you wanna know how bad the zune is?

ford motor company is actually going to make their new cars automatically link with zunes. and ford lost $12.6 BILLION last year, while almost every other car manufacturer has chosen to use the iPod link system.

ford + zune = down the crapper....

Old 01-29-2007, 11:39 AM
HCF Member

i second the doctors opinion, although, i would like to have an ipod...im not going to spend all that money on one, ill just wait till i get home or in my car to listen to my music...lol

Quick Reply: Microsoft zune mp3 player