The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Jury Duty & a crappy day

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 07:02 PM
HCF Member
Default Jury Duty & a crappy day

I got a summons a while back, and decided to suck it up and go ahead with it. Now that they have my schedule down, it turns out I'm only being paid 15 bucks a day after the first court date. To make things worse, when I called to confirm my appointment, they basically said "you may or may not still be needed. Call in tomorrow between 11 am and noon." So now I am missing a full day of work and a class in order to possibly stay available for the court. Not to mention my job has no allowance for jury duty, so I'm pretty much out for a day no matter what.

Icing on the cake is that I come back to my car after my 7 o clock class tonight, only to find a fat key line in the rear right quarter panel. The jury duty just made me a little annoyed. Now that my car is F'ed up, I'm sooo pissed... Who the hell would key my car? It's silver, not lowered, no special rims, nothing. Totally unassuming. Before today there was only one other flaw in the paint that I had managed to buff out, and now I gotta see this bull**** every day until I can get around to fixing it. I am seriously considering not even buying the suspension I've been wanting, simply because I worry about my car getting jacked and/or defaced.

/rant

Old 12-05-2007, 07:46 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Jury Duty & a crappy day

Don't they give you some sort of test to see how impartial you are? Just make it look like you are really biased and they won't pick you.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:52 PM
HCF Member

^ Then you get called back for the next case they need a jury for.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:38 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Mr Mobsta Man

^ Then you get called back for the next case they need a jury for.
I thought they just let you off the hook b/c if you are bias for one case, you will probably be bias for another.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:41 PM
HCF Member

I should just tell them it would be a financial hardship to come do jury duty. Unfortunately its too late as of now to use that excuse. I think next time I will try that and see if I can get away with it.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:53 PM
HCF Member

Just let them know in a nice way that you know for a fact you can spot a guilty person at first sight. That should just about do it.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:31 AM
HCF Member

That sucks that your car got keyed though....That happened to me once in highschool...luckily it was a couple weeks before I painted it...but that kid got his. Found his car parked somewhere while ridin around in my buddies beater of a car...needless to say my buddy took his drivers door and slammed it into that kids car until it a nice crease from just under the window almost all the way down teh door.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:16 AM

I have been a registered voter for 15 years and have never been summoned for jury duty. As I write this, I know I'm jinxing myself

Old 12-06-2007, 09:57 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: gacyota

I have been a registered voter for 15 years and have never been summoned for jury duty. As I write this, I know I'm jinxing myself
Your lucky. I registered the day I turned 18 and in that first year I got jury duty 3 times. That is not supposed to happen! And then I have gotten it four times after that. Never been put on a jury either. I got sent home after the first day each time.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:58 AM
HCF Member

You didnt get a summons....a summons is a fine. You got a subpoena. Jury duty sucks.

Quick Reply: Jury Duty & a crappy day