The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Joliet Drags

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 09:52 PM
HCF Member
Default Joliet Drags

The Drags are coming up at Route 66 raceway! I go to them twice a year, they're so cool, and the raceway is practically brand new, the track is sweet. Does anybody else go to NHRA events?

Old 05-19-2006, 11:30 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Joliet Drags

I want to goto NHRA Drag Nationals so bad. My house is about an hour from Route 66 raceway. I was gonna go on Thrusday b/c the addmission is only $11 but i signed up for orientation for college that date and i can't go. As it turns out, the Saturday of the Drag Nationals is my 18th birthday and it would be a really good thing to do for my birthday but i can't afford $50+ for a ticket. I was looking forward to going b/c last year i kinda got screwed over b/c i went with my school and there were gonna be 2 buses, one leaving at like 8 and one leaving at 2. I had to go on the one that leaves at 2 cause my mom got pissed and didn't want to let me go. I missed all the good races (Top Fuel). Also, my teacher's brother knows a bunch of the teams and the kids that stayed go to go behind the scenes and check out all the diagnostic and computer systems that the race teams used. Needless to say, i was pissed as hell when my teacher told me all the cool stuff he did. I am also pissed that i can't afford to go in June.

Old 05-20-2006, 07:02 PM
HCF Member

I'm lucky because my uncle works at a car dealership and can get my dad and I tickets, so we always go. Friday night is the best.

Old 05-20-2006, 09:00 PM
HCF Member

Where do u live? I wish i could get a couple free tickets. I went to Great Lakes Dragaway today in Union Grove, WI for the Summit Series. It wasn't even close to how fun a NHRA event is.

Old 05-20-2006, 11:39 PM
HCF Member

I live in Northwest IN, but I don't think I could get you any free tickets, my uncle knows some guys who build engines who get him tickets, but he has a hard time enough getting them for us. Sorry, although that would be a heck of a dealer promotional. HA

Old 05-20-2006, 11:55 PM
HCF Member

I didn't expect you to get me any free tickets or anything. I wish the tickets werent' so darn expensive. $50+ for a ticket is a little much.

Old 05-21-2006, 12:00 PM
HCF Member

reading area/allentown drags!!! plus we tend to make our own.. we have our flashlight drags!!!! i love them

Old 05-21-2006, 06:55 PM
HCF Member

Are those illegal? I'd rather not get arrested watching races.

Old 05-21-2006, 11:33 PM
HCF Member

sanctioned by the airport!!... we have our connections.. its official events...! http://www.alteredgas.com/flashlight_drags.html

Old 05-21-2006, 11:42 PM
HCF Member

The spectators admission is pretty cheap at $5 but i could goto a the track (great lakes dragaway) and race for $20. Not that i have a car to run in.

Quick Reply: Joliet Drags