The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Ipod Shuffle

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 03:33 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Ipod Shuffle

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

details!!!!111!1 dude thatd be soooo helpful if knew how to do that haha
First, if I remember correctly, the latest version of iTune updated this. You only need to sign in your account, but I only use my iPod w my laptop at home so I'm not sure

For tranfering
-You need to show the hidden file first (My Computer or Control Panel > Tools> Folder Options>View> Show hidden files and folders
-Open up iTunes, go to File> Add File/Folder to Library> navigate to ipod's drive\iPod_Control\Music
-There will be folders like F01, F02... Select your songs/folder. Done. (ID3 tags will show in iTunes)
-If you dont know which song is which (they got renamed), go my computer>navigate to the F01, F02... folder. Select Artist/Title or whatever from the drop down View>Choose Details

Old 03-12-2007, 03:41 PM
HCF Member

that works phoenix but it doesn't get the files on the computer itself it only adds them into itunes from the ipod itself. no from the computer... but you have the right idea.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:52 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

that works phoenix but it doesn't get the files on the computer itself it only adds them into itunes from the ipod itself. no from the computer... but you have the right idea.
If you go Advance>Consolidate Library all the added songs will be copied to the computer (assuming you got the Library folder set up)
Also if you use "Keep iTunes Music folder organized" option (Preference>Advanced), the names of the songs will be changed back to original.

Old 03-12-2007, 04:19 PM
HCF Member

now your thinking. i was just gonna say copy the music folder from the ipod_control to your computer and then import that to itunes

Old 03-12-2007, 04:29 PM
HCF Member

for transfering songs, apple has a very detailed set ofstep by step directions on their website

and itunes is designed to be pretty seamless, for the most part, just like many other mac products. if you're lagging on itunes, then itunes isn't your problem, there is prolly something else wrong with your computer, like you only have 64 MB of ram or something.

and for the person (which i can't remember) that said that putting songs on is difficult, idk what ur doing, but all you do to load songs on itunes is to click and drag, and walla, your done!