The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Import Scene

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 02:48 PM
Default RE: Import Scene

Seattle is pretty close to sacs description of Sac-town, except we have more... . But once again, it's the imports that bring everyone together. There's 4 GTRs that I know of: a silver R32 and R33 owned by the same guy, a midnight blue R34 that I've only seen in passing, and a yellow R33 owned by my uncle's friend, which currently dynos at 387 AWHP. I've driven it on the 5 . Besides those (since they're the most important) there's the next tier, which includes (cars that I've seen up close and personal and/or driven) 2 NSX-S's, 3 MK-IV's, an F355 Spyder, a Vanquish, 3 wicked S2Ks, a VT, a GT2 and a handful of turbos, two 360's, a genuine 180SX, three 300ZX TT's (one of which I've been in doing a buck eighty), a Pulsar GTi-R HKS ed, two Silvias (one of which used to be mine), the better part of a dozen Evos (including several MR's), and at least 15 STi's. Then, of course, there's Civics, Integras, 'Ludes, 'Rexs, Accords, RSXs, 240s, IS300s, WRXs, Corrados, and DSMs up the yin yang, the usual accompanyment of rich kids in near-stock Bimmers and Benzs, and more riced and diced domestics than you can shake your middle finger at. You get the idea... I'm sure I missed more than half of them.

Old 08-30-2005, 03:06 PM

NEPA better know as Bumblef*ck, PA or if you really wish, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. The import scene is sad to say the very least, giant chrome rims, custom paint jobs, gay wings and body kits, and snap on hood scoops are what you will mainly see. Lots of cars with rims and a bumpin sound system but yet completely stock will pretend they are at NASCAR racing for the victory. There are 2 shops around here that sponsor "car clubs" most of these cars are all show no go. [][] So yeah its pretty pathetic, whats worse is these shops sticker up your car with their name when they do work on it and almost no one does their own work. As for the kind of cars, Civs, Integras, Cavs, and the likes are the main. Occasionally you'll meet people like us who are more go than show but not often. NE HCF we need to get together and show these people what real import tuning is all about. PLEASE!!

Old 08-30-2005, 03:08 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Mossy

in minneapolis theres a good scene. if you go down university ave on a friday or saturday, you'll see parking lots full of supras and rx-7's. street racing isn't as big because cops really started cracking down after so many people died at red rock, but there are definately some serious cars in the area
theres not much here...but thats mostly what its like. theres a really nice 2nd gen RX-7 whos owner goes to WMU, i saw the first MkIV supra around here...ever (i was in the taco bell drivethrough and saw it across the street at blockbuster). also...at the university i see some nice civics...a red turbod Si, 2 5th gen hatchbacks (one is turboed, the other is just IHE), and a nice 93 integra. theres also an evo VII, but the guy who owns it cant drive for ****

aside from those, theres not much of a tuning scene around here...the good cars are mostly just a bunch of old guys with vipers, vettes, and stangs (theres a TON of new GTs around here).

theres also about 654654564321657651 neons around here...i swear you cant go down the road for more than five seconds without seeing one. theres a lot of eclipses too.

ORIGINAL: sacicons

i have asian friends that are into it, i have white friends, black friends, mexican friends, rich friends, poor friends, and they are all into their imports.
bet you dont have any bulgarian friends into it

Old 08-30-2005, 04:27 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: carlover

What is the import scene like in your area.(Please tell were you live, when posting). I live near tampa, Florida, and its a full of rednecks, who think that American Muscle is king, and hondas are a pos[:@][:'(]. Other than that we have the Mexicans that don't know jack about cars, and make there civics look like ****.
Our exact situation here in OKC, Oklahoma. F-bodys galore, Mustangs, and trucks!! So true about the hispanic community, all the graphics and tall wings, purple here, yellow there, pastel pink...it just gets crazy! But, I try to represent for the Civic community.