The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Import Scene

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 09:47 PM
Default Import Scene

What is the import scene like in your area.(Please tell were you live, when posting). I live near tampa, Florida, and its a full of rednecks, who think that American Muscle is king, and hondas are a pos[:@][:'(]. Other than that we have the Mexicans that don't know jack about cars, and make there civics look like ****.

Old 08-29-2005, 09:53 PM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra
Default RE: Import Scene

tampa florida? I thought you lived in Annapolis MD?

Old 08-29-2005, 09:54 PM

in minneapolis theres a good scene. if you go down university ave on a friday or saturday, you'll see parking lots full of supras and rx-7's. street racing isn't as big because cops really started cracking down after so many people died at red rock, but there are definately some serious cars in the area

Old 08-29-2005, 10:00 PM

ORIGINAL: 90Civtegra

tampa florida? I thought you lived in Annapolis MD?
negative

Old 08-29-2005, 10:01 PM

in augusta maine.... 80s mustang city. about a year ago, there were "riced out" cars everywhere, but not the same kind of rice ur thinkin, im talkin about cavys, sunfires, and probes. so now its the mustangs. everyone has one. nobody can afford a real one. so im really kinda alone. till i go down to portland on the weekends where i can see people more like me.

Old 08-29-2005, 11:52 PM
HCF Member

Sacramento CA. there is a TON of fixed up cars here. they are of all sorts, driven by all kinds of people. there are poor people with wheels on their hooptys, there are a lot of rich older people with nice bimmers and mercedes and such with big aftermarket wheels, but the imports seem to be the most unifying. i have asian friends that are into it, i have white friends, black friends, mexican friends, rich friends, poor friends, and they are all into their imports. for the most part, the imports here are pretty basic, I/H/E and maybe some lights or wheels. but its not rare at all to see a crazy car every day. i see fully kitted wide-bodied CF-hooded turboed Celicas, turboed IS300s, single-turboed 300ZXs, some really crazy EVOs, STIs, 350Zs, and a ton of others i cant even get into. like the JDM body-kitted, Vortech SCed G35 on 19s at the strip, or the turbo, built b20 integra with a jdm type r front, C-West kit, Corvette brakes, and Prelude tails, slammed to the ground on 18s, pushing over 550 hp. its just nuts, and everything i mentioned is an actual car i am remembering seeing, not just made up examples. oh, and the 700 AWHP R33 GT-R, owned by the head tech/co-owner of the shop i go to, did i mention that one?

Old 08-30-2005, 12:11 AM

here in the metro area of colorado (a radius of about 60 miles surrounding denver) people try to deck out anything. in my town, plastic spinners from wal-mart are real big on the hoopties. saturns, chevys, geos, anything that has been manufactured as a car tries to be modified around here. SUVs drive around with the wheels bumped out past the fenders, chrome is big, and so are fart pipes that leave soot all over the bumper. very rarely i will see the last gen supras (one of my personal favorites, but i like the first gen the best). basically, the cars for the most part look like someone without a clue has tried to modify them. not to sound full of myself, but my civic stands out because of the window tint, but also because i don't have an aluminum spoiler, huge chrome wheels or a giant exhaust on it.

Old 08-30-2005, 03:52 AM
HCF Member

Hey hey. Not all mexicans have crappy hondas. Im mexican with an Si thats nice. Pus I live in the tampa area too. I spend most my time in brandon. I agree though that our import scene sucks majorly. Really needs an upgrade. Maybe we should get the HCF South memebers together and show Tampa what imports are about. Just a thought...

Old 08-30-2005, 06:15 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Grand Rapids, MI isn't too bad actually. There is one group that i've gotten to know lately, that are REALLY into hondas. Theres a ton of worked b18's, and even a guy that just dropped an H23 into a frickin CRX. Talk about hauling ***. The cool part is most people around here are exactly like us, all go, no show. So its not uncommon for the beat up looking civic rolling up in your mirror to be putting down upwards of 300-400 horse.

Old 08-30-2005, 06:30 AM

Strong here in Canada. Just about everyone parks their rides in igloos.

Quick Reply: Import Scene