The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

I'm REALLY upset with my parents.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 09:15 PM
Super Cereal Admin

sorry to hear about your friend... my worst memory from high school was the summer my friend Brad wrapped his 3000gt around a tree at 100mph... going to his viewing is still among my worst memories ... what sucks is the skid marks were on the road for a good year afterwards, so every time I drove by where it happened I couldn't help but think about it. It happened almost three years ago and the bark is still missing from the tree.

Anyway, there's still time to improve. My advice is to just try as hard as you can in your junior/senior years. Trust me, you'll thank me after you graduate if you do

Also, don't make the mistake I did... start looking into colleges (touring and such) your junior year and apply to a couple at the beginning of your senior year, if not earlier. I didn't even start looking at post-secondary schools until my senior year... I'm in WyoTech studying automotive technology, so it worked out for me, but I'm scared to think what would've happened if I'd have tried to go to a normal college (I maintained a gpa of around 3.0-3.4, so I'd have probably been fine, but still... ). Also, get your SATs out of the way early if you plan on going to a normal college (that being said, I never took mine lol).

Old 12-27-2008, 09:20 PM

Oh wow, I didn't think you were only in 10th grade.
I agree with PhilipBurch... you should be livin' it up... maintain C's and B's (not that hard) for 9th and 10th, and then get A's and B's for 11th and 12th... you'll be fine.

Then again that can be easier said than done. I learn weird... I don't take notes and I don't study... either will mess me up and I won't learn anything that way.
I've never studied or taken notes and i've been getting A's and B's (mostly A's) ever since I started trying in school in 11th grade.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:32 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Zoltor100
That's actually pushin' it.
That happened recently with a friend..
That happens a lot in life. Ive had plenty of friends that have killed themselves or been murdered. Thats just the world we live in.

Old 12-28-2008, 01:09 AM
HCF Member

look, its really not that hard to get into college, anyone can do it so dont trip about your grades. Highschool is pretty much just baby sitting for your parents. There are a few classes like english and math that really matter in life, but the rest is just giving you somewhere to go so your not on the streets doing drugs and screwing around. I'm a senior and I seriously did a total of an hour of homework this last semester and still got a 3.5. Just get thru your soph and jr year and then your sr. year is just a big party lol. Seriously tho jr. year is probably the worst but after that you can just chill and party it up. My motivation for even going to class is so I can get out of the house. Sucks about your grades, but there is no excuse for not passing a class, if you atleast do the hw and ask the teacher for help they will probably pass you. I hate when people say "the class was too hard" or some bs like that.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:05 AM
Super Cereal Admin

^ getting into a college isn't hard. But technically, Wyotech is a college; they didn't give a rat's *** about my grades, nor did they care that I didn't even take my SATs. Getting into a good college requires a little more effort.

And you'd be surprised how f**king stupid some people actually are; I just finished the business course at Wyotech (earning an associate's degree in 3 months ftw lol), and let me tell you... there were some f**king geniuses in that class. I'm talking some of the biggest retards I've ever met; half of them couldn't do basic math, and most of them did terrible in accounting. To give you an idea of how hard the classes were, I did three finals in 17 minutes (a new record... beat the previous record by about 10 minutes ), averaging 91 across the board (87%, 100%, 85%).

Old 12-28-2008, 10:40 AM
HCF Member

You are immature and dont deserve being given a car. I was never given a car. Go get a job and pay for your own car. Thats the first thing, the second thing is you sound like a spoiled *** little brat. Get ya game right and get your head in the books. The world is hard enough let alone trying to make it w/o a education backing you. I left high school the first chance I had to but with out trying to sound full of myself I was allready so far past the high school atmosphere maturity wise that I felt as if I had to do it. I went directly and took my GED and passed it with slightly over 3600 on my total score without so much as picking a book up on the subject matter. They tried to sign me up for college when my scores got returned with pailgrants taking care of all of the cost including my books. I didn't do it because I was young and stupid and have been paying for it every sense.

Like I said rethink your life because life is coming up on you very fast and once real life starts it dont stop.

Old 12-28-2008, 01:11 PM
HCF Member

i would have been mad to dude

Old 12-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Angry Admin

whered you go for two months you werent missed your stupid postwhoring is annoying... please stfu and diaf

Old 12-28-2008, 09:43 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by reaper2022
^ getting into a college isn't hard.
exactly, I know i cant get into a UC because I just dont have the grades or will to go. State schools are just fine also, I live in the bay area and go to a private school so if you dont go to a UC or private school your pretty much labeled stupid. I considered going to wyotech for a lil bit because I was really interested in car, but now have decided to become a police officer, and my goal would be to be a swat officer. So dont worry bro, there is always going to be a career out there for you, just get by in school, you know what i mean.

Old 12-29-2008, 04:22 AM
Snail'n Admin

wow....i think youre just pissed because you realize youre a piece and youre not going anywhere in life. Like other people said, the fact that getting a civic was your ONLY motivation in school...pretty pathetic. Get a damn job and stop moochin off everyone. I paid for my car and everything I've done to it. Knowing I get stuff I want because I work hard and save....thats my motivation Whatever...your life

Quick Reply: I'm REALLY upset with my parents.