The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

I'm BROKE.. I have no money..

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 12:46 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: I'm BROKE.. I have no money..

i think to donate plasma you basically give blood, then they put it through a machine that removes the plasma, and the rest is circulated back into your system. never done it though. i might need to look into that to help fix the civ[&:]

Old 10-01-2005, 01:34 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Chimera02EX

At the University of Pennsylvania, where some of the best doctors in the country went, they will pay 10k to cut your pinky off and reattach it as practice for their students, no garuntees it'll work when they reattach it but hey 10k for a pinky is worth it. Here in PA plasma is 200 bucks a pop and you can do it every other month I think as long as you havent gotten a tatoo or piercing in the past year.

You could always get you a suga-mama, ain't nothing wrong with that.
wooow, 10k for my pinky, i might look into that, two pinkys equal 20k thats plenty than enough to get my turbo hehehe

Old 10-01-2005, 09:16 AM

ORIGINAL: gsumano
wooow, 10k for my pinky, i might look into that, two pinkys equal 20k
Just imagine how much they'll pay to use your entire hand......they practice cutting it off at your wrist and re-attach it. It's not like they keep it or anything, you get it back the same day.

Old 10-01-2005, 09:45 AM

ORIGINAL: shellebelle

So why do they pay so well for blood plasma? What's it involve?

I can barely bring myself to donate blood but for $200 I might be able to do it.

And yup, I don't know anyone who wasn't broke through college.
around here, they don't pay $200 for plasma. it's usually about $35 for the first time, and then $20 every time after that. it's like donating blood, and sacicons is right, they separate the white blood cells from the red, then add a saline solution to the red blood cells and inject it back into your body. i had a friend who did that and they missed her vein when they were injecting the saline solution and it bruised her entire arm (sorry if i just scared anyone away from doing this ).

Old 10-01-2005, 10:17 AM
HCF Member

I've been out of school for 9 years and I only owe $5k

In school, I lived on cup-o-raman.....even at my lowest I could afford $0.25 and some hot water. "You can live off of it....but it taste like $hit!"

[IMG]local://upfiles/5240/178967493C6341AA8AA8F77B20C012ED.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-01-2005, 11:20 AM
HCF Member

vick, your avatar is hilarious.

My older brother spent several years living in poverty and now can't stand rice or Ramen noodles. I love the stuff!

I'm still curious as to why they pay for plasma when it appears to be just like someone donating blood, which is done for free. And putting the leftovers back in grosses me out. They can keep it all, thankyouverymuch

Old 10-01-2005, 12:33 PM

haha, why the hell do they inject it back into you? Saves them disposing of a potential biohazard, I guess? Freaky, though.

We don't get anything for donating blood... well... we get stickers, and cookies. :P

Old 10-01-2005, 03:18 PM

i honestly don't know why they put the blood back into your body...i guess to help keep people from being weak after donating? and i'm not sure why plasma is important, but it may have something to do with helping people to fight infections and diseases.

Old 10-01-2005, 04:57 PM
HCF Member

sorry to hear that man, i have no money right now, im trying to pay off my car as fast as can so its all going for that...hope things get better[sm=signs003.gif]

Old 10-01-2005, 05:12 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: xe1002

i honestly don't know why they put the blood back into your body...i guess to help keep people from being weak after donating? and i'm not sure why plasma is important, but it may have something to do with helping people to fight infections and diseases.
I think so, when my dog was in the ICU last Christmas they mentioned that they'd give her another unit or two of plasma.

Quick Reply: I'm BROKE.. I have no money..