The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

I'm BROKE.. I have no money..

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 12:55 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: I'm BROKE.. I have no money..

dont quit your job until you have another set of tracks to hop on. Thats where alot of people make their mistakes.

Old 09-30-2005, 12:58 PM
HCF Member

I agree with Remy. Never quit until you have something better. Better yet, ask for a few hours off so you can look for another job but don't quit.

Old 09-30-2005, 01:22 PM
HCF Member

yea, because some money is way better than no money because you will most likely lookinto a 2 or 3 week lag time with the new job.

Old 09-30-2005, 06:07 PM

please, please, please, DON"T USE A CREDIT CARD to get yourself out of this. i am a victim of this idea, and it blows. i currently am about $1200 in the hole on credit debt thanks to school and other miscellaneous crap, and the interest rates just keep adding up every month, even though i pay a certain amount on each on time. school loans aren't always a bad idea, just try not to borrow a ton. i've seen charts that compare lengths in repayment on student loans, and some loans that are around $30k end up costing more like $250-300K after interest. but, i don't think you're wanting to borrow that much. another thing, having debt is going to get even more difficult, especially for people who decide to claim bankruptcy. by the end of this month, if you claim bankruptcy, you still have to pay off all your bills AND have the seven years of bad credit to your name...at least that's how it's happening in colorado.

something else you might try to do is contact the companies you owe money to, like cell phone, car payment, credit card payment, and explain your situation to them and see if you can get an extension on your payment due date. a lot of companies are willing to work with people as long as they know they're getting their money. do you live with roommates? would they be willing to help you out this month with some of the bills?

another thing to look into, although i don't recommend it since you aren't able to maintain a steady diet, is to donate blood plasma.

do you think your manager at work would be willing to give you a raise? you sound like you really like your job, and that usually means you do well, too. i like the idea of pizza delivery. if your civic is decent looking, don't park right in front of peoples' houses though, so that you can get a better tip.

something i ended up having to do was take a semester off from school and work my way out of debt. it worked...and then i got back into school with a part time job and now i'm back where i was. i swear, it's almost entirely impossible to go through college and not be broke. i didn't get any financial aid because it is such a freakin pain in the ****, but i'm going to deal with that and get some for next semester....because good lord, this sucks. that brings me to this...grants are awesome! it really is free money. have you been offered any while in school? i know you have to fill out a fafsa form, but it can be so worth it in the end. because of my parents' non-existent income, i was able to get my whole semester and books paid for with grants, and still have a couple hundred left over. another thing worth looking into is work study. it's usually on or near the campus and they usually pay more than $6.80 an hour. not much more, but every bit helps!

hang in there....something else to keep in mind: if you call family members other than your parents, begin the conversation by telling them that it is very hard for you to ask what you're about to ask, and to please not get angry with you. i can totally relate with you. you will make it through all this, even though it seems like there is no end. keep us all posted with how things go with your financial advisor and family. i'm pulling for ya!

Old 09-30-2005, 06:16 PM
HCF Member

donating blood plasma would be a great idea cuz you get big $$ for it. hell donating any organ will get you decent money. i hear a ******** gets you 6k a pop . but seriously...if you donate blood plasma you should at least be able to pay for a decent meal every day.

it sounds like xe knows what shes talking about...you should follow her advise

btw xe...i hear you on the grants affirmitive action right here (1/2 blood native american)

Old 09-30-2005, 06:48 PM

At the University of Pennsylvania, where some of the best doctors in the country went, they will pay 10k to cut your pinky off and reattach it as practice for their students, no garuntees it'll work when they reattach it but hey 10k for a pinky is worth it. Here in PA plasma is 200 bucks a pop and you can do it every other month I think as long as you havent gotten a tatoo or piercing in the past year.

You could always get you a suga-mama, ain't nothing wrong with that.

Old 09-30-2005, 11:20 PM
Jas

I am in no way quitting my job.
I'm just a transfer.
I have the same job at home that I have at school.
If I quit the job here at school, I'll still have the job at home..
Does that make sense?

Also, I'm taking out a loan.
It's only $1970.
$500 will go to my remaning balance at school.
The rest will go to me.
I'm also going to start applying for some jobs near me.
My last day at TJMaxx won't be til later this month..
but like I said, I'm not quitting the job, I'm just not going to be working at that location.

Thankfully, my dad is putting $50 in my bank account tomorrow.
I'll have $250 for my rent.

The next bill I have to worry about its the cable/internet bill which is only $71, but its split between 3 people.
So, that wont be too bad.
That's due on the 13th..

So, that's where I stand at the moment.

Thanks for everything guys..
from the bottom of my heart.. I really mean it..
I don't have many friends or family, so I really thank you all for ur concern and encouraging words.

Old 09-30-2005, 11:26 PM
HCF Member

So why do they pay so well for blood plasma? What's it involve?

I can barely bring myself to donate blood but for $200 I might be able to do it.

And yup, I don't know anyone who wasn't broke through college.

Old 09-30-2005, 11:28 PM
HCF Member

<

Old 09-30-2005, 11:33 PM
Jas

I go to University Of Missouri-Columbia.

Quick Reply: I'm BROKE.. I have no money..