The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

I'm BROKE.. I have no money..

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 12:48 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: I'm BROKE.. I have no money..

^^^^^^ i deff know how this is. i went through this for a few months where my roomates were paying for alot of stuff. it gets better..you just gotta work it and youll get back on your feet. yeah do you have a paypal account..i think i have some cash on there still

Old 09-30-2005, 12:51 AM
Jas

ORIGINAL: DCAcivic

^^^^^^ i deff know how this is. i went through this for a few months where my roomates were paying for alot of stuff. it gets better..you just gotta work it and youll get back on your feet. yeah do you have a paypal account..i think i have some cash on there still
I think I have a paypal account.
let me see real quick.

Old 09-30-2005, 12:55 AM
Jas

I just entered my bank info.
Now what do I do?

Old 09-30-2005, 12:56 AM

Ill give ya a few bucks........for your car[sm=goodidea.gif]

Old 09-30-2005, 01:02 AM
Jas

I'm assuming I just leave the email address for paypal which is: thebravebird@yahoo.com

I'm going to sleep.. I definitely need to get some rest.
I'll check back in tomorrow morning.

Old 09-30-2005, 01:08 AM
HCF Member

We are currently performing weekly maintenance on the PayPal website and it is temporarily unavailable. We estimate that it will be available at approximately 1:00 AM PDT.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

sorry i gotta get some sleep too

Old 09-30-2005, 07:02 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Hey man, i've been there, and I know exactly how bad it sucks. But like DCA said, it will get better, you just need to champ through it. I like sacs' idea of geting a restaurant job. You'll make probably about as much as your making now, plus tips. If I had money, i'd help you out, but with my girlfriend taking a HUGE paycut recently so she could get a job in her field, money's pretty tight around my place right now (hence no freakin mods lately...). But good luck, and try not to let it get to you. Rise above the depression bro, after all, its only green paper

This whole sitatuion reminds me of a quote that might help you out..

"Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you're gonna be up again. But life goes on. Remember that. Money isn't real. It doesn't matter. It only seems like it does."

-George Jung's Father in Blow

Old 09-30-2005, 07:23 AM

Just an FYI, school loans aren't just for paying for credits, you can tack on your rent, utilities, food, gas to get to school (if applicable), sounds to me like you are basically independent, if you can you should claim that, you'll get more grants for school and like I said above it'll be easier for you to get a school loan that will cover rent food etc.

Old 09-30-2005, 07:37 AM
HCF Member

I definitely can relate to how you feel and what you're going through. I've been there and done that working from 4am to 6pm everyday except Sunday just to make ends meet as a truckers helper. But things got better not necessarily because I did something different but just hung in there until the opportunity came up and I took it.

Just hang in there and things will get better. One of the things I did to get money was clean house gutters. I charged $10 a house. Made two hundred in one day. You'll need a ladder though and some gloves. In the winter, I shovel people's driveway for $10. I only made $50 'cause my back was aching.

I'd say use your talent and make money off of it. How about tutoring? You can charge, maybe high school kids or their parent something.

Old 09-30-2005, 07:41 AM

I've been there. I lost everything I had. I'm back now!

Quick Reply: I'm BROKE.. I have no money..