The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

I Officially hate tax season

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 06:19 PM
HCF Member
Default I Officially hate tax season

yep for the first time in my life i have to PAY IN!!![&o][:@][:@] i did my income tax, and instead of getting the $500 that i usually get. i owe $270[:'(], so there goes all my ideas about OEM Fog lights, my decision on wether to get TYC projectors, or JDM lights with Amber corners. and the possibility of a JDM LED spoiler.

And the lesson i have learned from this years tax... when you go to school get taxes taken off your paycheque like you normally would, cause in the rare chance that they cancel the course that you were going to take(like what happened to me). That is income that could have been taxed... so if you were a student you would get it all back... i am never applying for student tax reduction ever again.. sure it is more each pay cheque... but i am sure kicking my self now.(on a side note, as soon as i found out that my course was cancelled, i began to get tax taken off my paycheques. so next year i won't have this problem

Old 02-28-2006, 06:35 PM
Default RE: I Officially hate tax season

Well being an ex accountant.... i didn't have to pay.... but damn I didnt' get hardley any thing back..... so no free money to buy good car stuff with! That's life right death and taxes .... or something like that

Old 02-28-2006, 07:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Fran

so no free money
money is never free... after all i payed in i only made $20

Old 02-28-2006, 07:46 PM

ORIGINAL: dj_ipirate

ORIGINAL: Fran

so no free money
money is never free... after all i payed in i only made $20
Free money cuz I expect not to get it back...and when I do... it's free to me.... money this responsible person can be irresponsible with.... yeah I get a little more than @20... but not even close to what I did last year... that sucks..... now if only I could figure out a way not to pay SS taxes......

Old 02-28-2006, 07:58 PM
HCF Member

I'm actually kind of looking forward to seeing how my taxes work out. The past few years I've always had to pay in because I was a dependent, but this year it looks like the tuition exemption laws changed and only I can claim the credit. So that means I have to file independently so I should finally get something back. It'll be nice, 'cuz tuition is killing me right now. We'll see. Knowing my luck I'll get shafted again, like last year.

Old 02-28-2006, 08:02 PM
HCF Member

im looking forward too..iv never work for a full tax year before so this is my first, i go to college so i hope i get some back, i no last year it was only like $10 because i didnt work the hole year..i hope i can get something good back, that sucks you have to pay back tho![:'(]

Old 02-28-2006, 08:08 PM
HCF Member

hey Mill$civic, i don't know about Ontario, but in NB and PEI, if you a student you can claim your tuition and get every single penny you paid in taxes(from work) back

Old 03-01-2006, 06:47 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I had my taxes filed 3 minutes after I got my W2's, haha.

....and I made out like a bandit

Old 03-01-2006, 07:03 AM

I made a decent amount back also, here comes megan strut bars, tie bars and rims.

Old 03-01-2006, 08:27 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04

I had my taxes filed 3 minutes after I got my W2's, haha.

....and I made out like a bandit

lol my family is wealthy enough to have accountants... Ive never seen a w2

Quick Reply: I Officially hate tax season