The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

I HATE MY POS CAR!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 09:41 AM
Cat Fuсker
Default RE: I HATE MY POS CAR!

Whatcha talking about? My car has been in the shop for two months and I have 0 time to work on it....and I don't complain :-D

Old 06-09-2006, 07:18 PM
HCF Member

come on champ, stick it out and get her fixed, cause like the others say if you sell you will regret.. we have faith in you Pete

And Remmy i am sure that if a bunch of us banded together that we could kick his *** if he does sell it lol

Old 06-10-2006, 12:31 PM

Pete I feel your pain w/ my IM swap, there have been numerous times when I was ready to give up but I walked away from it for a day and when I went back I solved the problem. Stick in there man, the blood, sweat and tears you put in now will pay off later in the pride you can take that YOU accomplished this on your OWN. Not like some p*ssy as$ riceboy who pays a shop to do all the work.

I'm still going through the aggrivation of finishing the swap; broke a fuel rail bolt switching injectors the other day. Just keep the goal in mind and the knowledge that it's yours, and there aren't many things in life that we can truely call our own.

It'll all work out.

Old 06-10-2006, 02:10 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ride it out man i have these days at least once a week and still own my civic

Old 06-10-2006, 03:30 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: sacicons

is it leaking out anywhere? is the overflow bottle leaking? is it forcing fluid out of the overflow bottle? if so then its probably the cap. for $15, you might as well change it out and see if it helps. thats a lot easier than changing a head gasket.

WTF my dad has a hard on saying its the rad cap.......could it be THAT simple? There are NO LEAKS. Could it be the rad cap? How would that allow coolant to disappear?

Old 06-10-2006, 04:35 PM
HCF Member

I have plenty of time to fix cars, but no car to fix. Whats up with that? Don't sell your kit, pull an all nighter and change the head gasket.

Old 06-10-2006, 08:21 PM
Stinky Administrator

hey pete is it mixing oil and water or just losing coolant and guess what ? my dad said it could be the radiator cap too good luck don't sell your kit hang in there

Old 06-10-2006, 09:41 PM
HCF Member

Thats the thing........No oil in coolant or coolant in oil.........wtf.

Old 06-10-2006, 10:48 PM
Recognized HCF Member

are your radiator hosing's leaking

Old 06-11-2006, 12:21 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Pete

WTF my dad has a hard on saying its the rad cap.......could it be THAT simple? There are NO LEAKS. Could it be the rad cap? How would that allow coolant to disappear?
It would evaporate. The radiator cap makes sure that the coolant is under pressure which raises its boiling point. Now if the radiator cap was not doing this, the coolant would be the same temp but would have a lower boiling point. The coolant would evaporate and you might not see.

Quick Reply: I HATE MY POS CAR!