The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

i got my license!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 08:09 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: advice for my drivers test??

always look back and forth showing your eyes always scanning the road..thats one thing i got bitched at for i still passed tho!!

dont forget to signal..

oh ya, VERY EASY!!

Old 09-19-2006, 08:50 PM

things i got called out for:
1) remember to look over your sholder when you back up
2) parallel parking is not that hard if you practice the hardest is backing it up straight just take it slow and you will do fine
3) remember signals even when you parallel park you have to pull pass the spot and signal right to enter it
4) the instructors (sp?) i had liked that i kept it about 5 under the speed limit
5) don't hit anybody always keep your eyes on the road their are some crazy drivers out there O and yeild to padestrions (sp?)

I might make it sound hard but it's really not don't sweat over it man you will do fine just stay relaxed that the biggest thing O and also you can never pratice to much

Old 09-19-2006, 09:42 PM
HCF Member

this may sound crazy but long time ago when i went for mine, the instructor called me out on : " check once in awhile on the rear view mirror and/or side mirror while driving"

Old 09-19-2006, 10:40 PM
HCF Member

relax is really the best advice. if yoru not relaxed you tend to jerk the wheel, slam on the brakes, accelerate hard.

Old 09-19-2006, 10:41 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 01civic

im just stressing over the parallel parking cuz they do that first and if you fail that you dont go on but im going down there to practice prolly once or twice more this week if i have time
The parallel park was the last thing I did. I'm with everyone else though, just relax and you'll be fine. Oh, what I always did in drivers ed and on my test that they really like is stay about 5 mph under the speed limit.

Remember... mirrors and windows.

Old 09-19-2006, 11:10 PM

Pretty much just relax. IT is an extremly easy test, just don't do anything stupid, and be careful about what you do, and double check everything.

Old 09-19-2006, 11:15 PM
HCF Member

move to oklahoma, they'll let any moron drive here.

Old 09-20-2006, 01:40 AM

at my local DMV they ask you if you know where the: hazard lights button, rear defrost button, regular defrost button, horn, turn signals, lights, window washer fluid ***, parking brake. and then arm signals, mirrors, when turning...stay in the corresponding lane, and move your head to watch all mirrors not just your eyes, that way the instructor knows that you're looking around. hands on 10 and 2 or 3 and 9.

but for the most part, just stay relaxed!!!

GOOD LUCK

Old 09-20-2006, 03:17 AM
HCF Member

Tip number one: Do not parallel park like this:HERE

Old 09-20-2006, 06:36 PM
HCF Member

LMFAO! Thats pretty damn funny.... make sure to ask the instructor if he/she has their seatbelt fastened before you start the car....

Quick Reply: i got my license!!!!!!!!!!!