The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

I dont think I can ever go in Walmart again.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Default RE: I dont think I can ever go in Walmart again.

You should get new friends.

Old 07-03-2007, 08:46 PM
HCF Member

if you are afraid of going to jail the best thing you can do is go to the police station and turn your friend in and say you will testify againt him and the police should let you go with a lesser sentence.

Old 07-07-2007, 03:59 AM

If my friend did that to me I'd seriously beat him to the pulp...
Sorry you had to go thru this.

Old 07-07-2007, 05:56 AM

Your friend is a moron. WTF do you think would have happened if she saw an amp kit? You could always act stupid and say that you either didn't know it was there, or that you were going to buy it. You were lucky that there weren't any cops around or they would have stopped you for sure. It's all about being discrete. Been there, done that - plus it's Wal Mart. People that work there will most likely buy any bull**** stories. Also, unless he unpackaged the amp kit, it would have set off the scanner by the doors.

PS. Your friend is also a dip**** from not telling you that he's stealing this crap from the start.

EDIT: I doubt anything will come out of this. And as I said, Wal-Mart employees are not the brightest people. Just don't go to that store anymore.

Old 07-07-2007, 08:17 AM
HCF Member

It all depends on the store, some places you have to leave the store, other places you just need to get past the checkouts and they can bust you. Best Buy they had to nail you once you left the store, but someone ran out the door and got killed, best buy got sued.

Most likely Loss Prevention saw him put the amp kit in the toolbox, I take it you weren't standing with your friend when he did it? They probably radioed someone at the front of the store to be on the look out. Secondly, those self checkouts run off of weight, so it would have known there was something else in the toolbox.

Most retail stores have cameras outside and most of the time they will note the license plate and keep an eye out for those who are stealing. Everytime you walk in the store, the camera is all over you.

As far as ripping on Walmart and saying they screw their employees pay them like **** and yada yada. It's retail man, every retail store makes a killing and pays their employees like crap!!!! Walmart hires alot of damn people, you know how many jobs they bring to the area?

RETAIL PAYS LIKE CRAP AND TREATS EMPLOYEES LIKE CRAP, IT'S NOT JUST WALMART!!!!

Old 07-07-2007, 08:53 AM

actually they had a person standing at the end of the checkout checking everyone's bags. The new checkouts were just put in. I've already been back in the store and no one follows me or anything, but I still park in the very back with my plate facing away from walmart

Old 07-07-2007, 09:10 AM
Recognized HCF Member

i woudlnt worry about it much... technicaly its not stealing unless you leave thier front doors with it.. trust me i got caught once back in the day when i was young stupid and had nothing beter to do... i just WISH i didnt... BUT lesson learned wont do that stupid SH** again BUT unfortunatly its still on my record
they caught me with the STUPIDEST stuff... a CHEAP amplifier, some polaroid film and some CHEAP tweeters.... just happened to be over the 100dollar limit which is a felony charge
but i had stolen over 2,500bucks worth of stuff within 2-3months... i had totaled it all up before i got caught for the lamest stuff!

BUT im not telling anyone to do it its a VERY BAD IDEA!!!!!! only reason i got away with it so long was the store was new and they didnt have those door security strips!

definatly not worth it cause all i ended up with was DEBIT and a RECORD!

Old 07-07-2007, 09:30 AM

ORIGINAL: wirphotos

It all depends on the store, some places you have to leave the store, other places you just need to get past the checkouts and they can bust you. Best Buy they had to nail you once you left the store, but someone ran out the door and got killed, best buy got sued.

Most likely Loss Prevention saw him put the amp kit in the toolbox, I take it you weren't standing with your friend when he did it? They probably radioed someone at the front of the store to be on the look out. Secondly, those self checkouts run off of weight, so it would have known there was something else in the toolbox.

Most retail stores have cameras outside and most of the time they will note the license plate and keep an eye out for those who are stealing. Everytime you walk in the store, the camera is all over you.

As far as ripping on Walmart and saying they screw their employees pay them like **** and yada yada. It's retail man, every retail store makes a killing and pays their employees like crap!!!! Walmart hires alot of damn people, you know how many jobs they bring to the area?

RETAIL PAYS LIKE CRAP AND TREATS EMPLOYEES LIKE CRAP, IT'S NOT JUST WALMART!!!!
It doesn't matter if there's someone outside of the store that is standing on the lookout. Unless it's police - they can't do anything. They will tell you to stop and may follow you to your car to get the plates. They can't touch you though.

Old 07-08-2007, 12:47 PM
HCF Member

---IMO friend is the wrong word for this punk!

Old 07-08-2007, 10:10 PM

lol dude your good walmart cameras arent very clear trust me and no one really cares if no one chased after you not a big deal and also if you went back and no one recognized you that should tell you your not going to a federal pound-me-in-the-***-prison lol

Quick Reply: I dont think I can ever go in Walmart again.