The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

i am planning on blaming this on crappy chi-town roads

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 10:26 AM
Default i am planning on blaming this on crappy chi-town roads

ok so i was on my way home from china town in chicago last night, and my car was making this loud noise, comin from the front tire on my side, normally this noise means my rim is loose. But my brakes are bad(i think) so i thought it was my pads rubbing the rotor really bad. the noise got louder and louder, finally in Laporte Indiana i pulled over. sure enough my lug nuts were all less than finger tight, and on the right side.... i was missing one. well i didnt have any tools except some crappy plyers that were all stripped out. so i tightened them as good as i could and started driving again 3 mins later same thing happens, fix it and so on, i continued to do this every 5 miles for 2 hours. one time i punched my fender, now my door won't open all the way. but this morning i fixed it for good. DAMN CHI-TOWN ROADS!!!!

Old 05-08-2006, 12:16 PM
Default RE: i am planning on blaming this on crappy chi-town roads

damn dude, that sux, hope there wasnt rim damage from this, did you torque them down or use a impact socket? either way works, i always use impact...i nvr been to chi town, i live in montana, i know bad roads tho...lived in alaska for 8 years...lol...

Old 05-08-2006, 02:53 PM

i allways atleast use a torque stick on my impact gun.

Old 05-08-2006, 09:30 PM
HCF Member

how do the roads do this? vibration?..i never heard of your lugs coming loose from roads, thats scary tho man, i would be freaked out if i pulled over and my lugs were loose
keep a stress ball near by dont hurt the honda

Old 05-09-2006, 06:56 AM

well it has happened once before but it wasnt gradual..it was right away and that was my fault for not tightening them...but this time we torqued them all to 60lbs. made sure those beeyatches wernt goin no where this time...and sure enought...BOOM! john madden!

Old 05-11-2006, 01:45 PM
HCF Member

There you go one things breaks on your car so you punch it and break another. lol. its just like if you have a headache if you have someone punch you in the stomach suddenly your head doesnt hurt as much anymore. lol

Old 05-11-2006, 10:42 PM

Just a minute there bud....you can't take credit for having the bad roads in chicago, Indianapolis has the worst roads in the whole USA. Potholes big enough to hide a civic in. Even when they fill them in,big trucks hammer them out again making them bigger. I have broken shocks in potholes, blew out tires and scrapped undercarriage many times. NOBODY has roads worse than Indianapolis !

Old 05-12-2006, 02:08 AM
HCF Member

clarion pa... we have some crappy *** roads here... i did the whole.. pissed off at the girl car..and hit her...only girl ive ever hit... i put a dent right above my drivers side door..on the upper panel...

Old 05-12-2006, 07:06 AM

im pretty sure there are worse roads around but, obvious 2ft potholes in the middle of downtown!! why dont they fix that ****!