The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Huge @ss grizzly killed, crazy story too!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 12:39 AM
Default Huge @ss grizzly killed, crazy story too!!!

Got this from another forum im on........................

The downloaded pictures are of a man who works for the US Forest Service in Alaska and his trophy bear.

He was out deer hunting last week when a large grizzly bear charged him from about 50 yards away. The guy emptied his 7mm Magnum semi-automatic rifle into the bear and it dropped a few feet from him. The big bear was still alive so he reloaded and shot it several times in the head.

The bear was just over one thousand six hundred pounds It stood 12' 6" high at the shoulder, 14' to the top of his head. It's the largest grizzly bear ever recorded in the world.

Of course, the Alaska Fish and Wildlife Commission did not let him keep it as a trophy, but the bear will be stuffed and mounted, and placed on display at the Anchorage airport to remind tourists of the risks involved when in the wild.

Based on the contents of the bears stomach, the Fish and Wildlife Commission established the bear had killed at least two humans in the past 72 hours including a missing hiker.

The US Forest Service, backtracking from where the bear had originated, found the hiker's 38-caliber pistol emptied. Not far from the pistol was the remains of the hiker. The other body has not been found.

Although the hiker fired six shots and managed to hit the grizzly with four shots (the Service ultimately found four 38 caliber slugs along with twelve 7mm slugs inside the bear's dead body), it only wounded the bear and probably angered it immensely.

The bear killed the hiker an estimated two days prior to the bear's own death by the gun of the Forest Service worker.

Think about this:

If you are an average size man; You would be level with the bear's navel when he stood upright. The bear would look you in the eye when it walked on all fours! To give additional perspective, consider that this particular bear, standing on its hind legs, could walk up to an average single story house and look over the roof, or walk up to a two story house and look in the bedroom windows.

z

Old 06-16-2005, 12:50 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Huge @ss grizzly killed, crazy story too!!!

i almost shat myself just seeing the pictures. holy crap. those of you out there who hunt will appreciate this for what it is. the 7MM Mag is a damn big gun, and packs enough punch to drop just about anything on this continent. to fire 6 times before dropping the bear, then another six to keep it from getting up is outrageous. also, to put into perspective how scary this could be, a normal grizzly can easily outrun a fast horse over short distances. and if you consider this ones extra reach, you can start to imagine just how dangerous they can be.

Old 06-16-2005, 12:51 AM
HCF Member

holy fuc%I#$ $hit

Old 06-16-2005, 12:59 AM
HCF Member

7mm isnt all that big but the Magnum part of it makes all the difference in the world. Cops (for the most part) use 9mm parabellum (some still use the good ole .45...but most of 'em are 9mm) and those are enough to knock you off your feet at a shot to the chest. A 7mm Magnum would blow a gaping hole in your back (and a pretty decent sized one in your chest) if fired from within 50 feet. 12 shots is some crazy **** on a 7mm mag....that guy's got some *****. if it was me id have pissed myself and put myself out of my misery before the thing got to me.

i think the dude with the .38 was the reason the bear killed him and another and tried for a third...id be pissed too if somone shot me four times with one of those

Old 06-16-2005, 12:01 PM
HCF Member

14 feet tall!!? That is crazy!

Old 06-16-2005, 12:05 PM
HCF Member

yeah...its some crazy ****

Old 06-16-2005, 12:44 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

Aww man, did they not have the other pics of the stomach contents? My father in law e-mailed me that story a few months ago, only his came with pictures of like half a leg and a torso... pretty f-ed up to think it could swallow and entire torso at once.

Old 06-16-2005, 12:46 PM

Yep uhuh that there bear taste just like chicken uhuh yep <---------------Hillbilly Voice

Old 06-16-2005, 02:45 PM
HCF Member

Holy ****aki mushrooms! My ole betsy is a powerful gun but it wouldnt stop old blue in those pictures. Well... maybe at like a 2 foot distance... but that wouldnt be fun because the shotgun would turn the bears head into a slushie

Old 06-16-2005, 04:06 PM
HCF Member

yeah and not to mention give ole betsy a new paint job

Quick Reply: Huge @ss grizzly killed, crazy story too!!!