The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

How to get out of a ticket?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 10:08 AM
Default RE: How to get out of a ticket?

ORIGINAL: andryuha
Cops show up on the second court date if you plead "not guilty" on the first one
Hehehe, I got a kick outa this one! Why do you think you go to court the first time? It's sure not to plead guilty, or wouldn't you have just paid the ticket.
When you reschedule a court date, it's not at the cop's convenience. They may have vacation time scheduled then, or training scheduled, or perhaps another court appearance for some other conviction.

Old 08-27-2005, 01:40 PM

ORIGINAL: ngoti8tor

Cops show up on the second court date if you plead "not guilty" on the first one
Hehehe, I got a kick outa this one! Why do you think you go to court the first time? It's sure not to plead guilty, or wouldn't you have just paid the ticket.
When you reschedule a court date, it's not at the cop's convenience. They may have vacation time scheduled then, or training scheduled, or perhaps another court appearance for some other conviction.
Why? you go to court to contest to the ticket. When I go, I plead "no contest," which means that the judge will decide whether you're in fact guilty or not. Say you got a ticket for 80mph in 60. Your options are either blindly pay the fine and recieve 2pts., or set up a bargain with the judge or reduce the charge. I also got a ticket once for loud muffler. I went to court and showed the judge the reciept for the new muffler and plead "no contest" The ticket was written off

Old 08-27-2005, 02:09 PM

Why? you go to court to contest to the ticket. When I go, I plead "no contest," which means that the judge will decide whether you're in fact guilty or not. Say you got a ticket for 80mph in 60. Your options are either blindly pay the fine and recieve 2pts., or set up a bargain with the judge or reduce the charge. I also got a ticket once for loud muffler. I went to court and showed the judge the reciept for the new muffler and plead "no contest" The ticket was written off
In Ontario, we do all of that before court. We get 3 choices on the back of the ticket:

1. We can plead guilty and just send a cheque with the ticket
2. We can set a date to talk to a "prosecutor" to try to get it reduced (and show any evidence)
3. Plead "not guilty" and set a court date for you to fight it

Old 08-27-2005, 11:34 PM

In Ontario, we do all of that before court. We get 3 choices on the back of the ticket:

1. We can plead guilty and just send a cheque with the ticket
2. We can set a date to talk to a "prosecutor" to try to get it reduced (and show any evidence)
3. Plead "not guilty" and set a court date for you to fight it
oh well there you go, it's different in the US. Basically if you plan on pleading "not guilty" here you will end up going to two court sessions.

Old 08-28-2005, 12:15 AM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra

oh well there you go, it's different in the US. Basically if you plan on pleading "not guilty" here you will end up going to two court sessions.

not here in Maryland. If you plead not quilty, you still get tried right there UNLESS you request a trial by Jury then they send it to circuit court.

Old 08-28-2005, 08:28 AM

If you follow my item #2, then you still get a chance of the cop not showing up.

2. Once they give you a court date, always request to get it changed to another day........they always make the first date convenient for the cop for all his tickets issued the same day as yours. By asking for another court date, the cop may not be readily available that day because of vacation, training, other reasons. That means you'll get out of it.
Notice it says "once they give you a court date, always request to get it changed to another day". That means that you request a date change each and every time they set a date. If the cop is not there the first time (as in andryuha's case), then you have control over the date, and not the cop.

Old 08-30-2005, 04:21 PM
HCF Member

Ngoti8tor is right on the one about rescheduling court dates. When you have pre-paid legal, this is the method attorneys use to eventually "tire down" the police officer until he/she does not appear in court. Only thing is, every time I've been to court for a ticket, OKC makes you post bond on the ticket, which is the said amount of the ticket you've received. I never have money just laying around to post bond, so I usually just ask for more time. [:@]

Old 08-30-2005, 04:42 PM

And that's the trick to getting out of paying a ticket.......you tire them out.

Keep changing your court date and ask for all the information you can. Sooner or later, the court will figure out that it just isn't worth it.

Old 08-30-2005, 05:09 PM
Administrator

in PA they are no longer required to appear for cases...

fixntune..youre a girl..cry, or unbutton a few buttons on the blouse...

Old 08-30-2005, 07:19 PM

here's what you should do, fixntune...

tell the cop you didn't know how fast you were going because you forgot to reattach the speedometer cable after replacing all the stock parts in your engine bay with performance parts. then accidentally drop the beer bottle you were holding onto his shoe, while your friend in the passenger seat burns a hole in the upholstery from her joint. or you could just start swerving when you see the cop start following you and turns on his lights. then park the car and run outside screaming "bees!" and start hitting yourself chris farley style.

Quick Reply: How to get out of a ticket?