The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

How Do You Guys Feel About The AutoLock?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 12:40 PM
HCF Member
Default How Do You Guys Feel About The AutoLock?

It's supposed to work on a brake pedal or the clutch pedal. I'm thinking about getting one. Anyone have it?

[IMG]local://upfiles/8459/4A0E5CCBF5BC49F7B67B739B6DD36EB3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-03-2006, 12:47 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: How Do You Guys Feel About The AutoLock?

I use the club! I think that is a really good idea? How does it hold itself up and keep from being knocked away? How much?

Old 09-03-2006, 12:57 PM
HCF Member

The club wont do anything if someone really wants to steal your car. All you need is an extra steering wheel and a set of sockets and youre ready to roll. Also I'd put the autolock on the clutch if you have a Manual and the gas if you have an auto. Brake wont do much, they could just use the e-brake.

Old 09-03-2006, 01:22 PM
HCF Member

I would get one for clutch brake and gas! Then I would put spikes on my seat and electric shockers on the shifter!

Old 09-03-2006, 01:28 PM
HCF Member

That wouldn't work on a manual transmission if the thief was smart.

If you were to put it on the brake pedal, the guy could just use the e-brake (as already mentioned).

And if you were to put it on the clutch pedal, the thief could just hot wire the car while it was in first gear (which essentially would get the car rolling and start it at the same time... I have done this... and then he could just RPM shift through the gears.

When I blew the clutch hyrdaulics on my truck, I drove 45 miles two ways without using the clutch. I put it in first and started it to get it rolling, then speed shifted through the gears... I dreaded red lights LOL.

Same story with an auto, just use the e-brake...

If it would work on the gas pedal, then it might work. But, thiefs who are smart enough get around the unit in the ways I just described not going to be steeling honda civics.

Old 09-03-2006, 02:09 PM
HCF Member

But hey, if it can deter even a small percentage of thieves, then I say it's worth it. And even if the thief knows how to get around it, it'll still take him more time then if it wasn't there.

Old 09-03-2006, 02:12 PM
HCF Member

I mean most thiefs are not to smart because they are stealing property and not working for it so probly when they see the club or something they will be like OHH SNAP we can't steal this car it has the CLUB!

Old 09-03-2006, 02:48 PM
Stinky Administrator

the thing about it is if someone wants your car bad enough they will get it .but this looks like a good deterrent

Old 09-03-2006, 03:36 PM
HCF Member

Amen to that peg.

Old 09-03-2006, 03:53 PM
HCF Member

If someone wants to steal your car, and you have the club, all you need is a hacksaw, cut a piece out of the steering wheel and pull out the club.. bango they are done. and off they go... there is always a way arround those things

Quick Reply: How Do You Guys Feel About The AutoLock?