The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

How Bout Them Planes?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 09:50 PM
Default RE: How Bout Them Planes?!

In WWII, we joined the fight only partially because of Pearl Harbor.
We caused that. 2 days before Pearl Harbor we sunk 3 Japaneese war ships off the coast of Guam. We picked that fight to boost the economy.

Old 08-11-2006, 11:17 PM

ORIGINAL: d2privat11

SNAKES ON A PLANE AUGUST 18TH OMG I CANT WAIT IM SO EXCITED I CANT EVEN USE PUNCTUATION JESUS IT WILL BE FREAKING AWESOME THE DIRECTOR IS SO COOL THEY RESHOT SCENES TO SATISFY THE ONLINE COMMUNITYS REQUEST FOR MORE GORE AND SEXUALITY OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGOMGOGMOGMOGMOGMG SNAKES ON A ****ING PLANE WITH SAM MOTHER****ING JACKSON OMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOGM
i cant wait to see this movie!

durka durka

Old 08-11-2006, 11:54 PM
HCF Member

its very simple. If you do not have an american passport or do not live in america you can not fly near or into the country. Thats what the war is coming to.

Old 08-12-2006, 03:49 AM

ORIGINAL: d2privat11

SNAKES ON A PLANE AUGUST 18TH OMG I CANT WAIT IM SO EXCITED I CANT EVEN USE PUNCTUATION JESUS IT WILL BE FREAKING AWESOME THE DIRECTOR IS SO COOL THEY RESHOT SCENES TO SATISFY THE ONLINE COMMUNITYS REQUEST FOR MORE GORE AND SEXUALITY OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGOMGOGMOGMOGMOGMG SNAKES ON A ****ING PLANE WITH SAM MOTHER****ING JACKSON OMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOGM
LMFAO +2

this thread got twisted to much, i did part of it, for that i am sorry anyone i offended...

oh yea, nice sig. big dog!!!

Old 08-12-2006, 09:11 AM
HCF Member

It did not get twisted, people shy away from the real truth as to why we protect Israel and in the end they cant handle it. You have a group of old guys that think there is a mythical figure that hangs out in the clouds and fight over what his/her name is. On top of that our government sends our troops to die in the name of this mythical figure, spend our hard earned money fighting over this mythicak figure. People can not grasp the concept that we are fighting over somebody that is as real as the easter bunny and santa claus. I am not a God'less man, but I do know that if there is a God he/she does not condone or approve of wars being fought in his/her name.

Old 08-14-2006, 06:47 PM
HCF Member

See, I knew someone would say the ridiculous "there could be other ways to do it"... Have you watched the news? What makes you think that terrorists want to talk? What did we do to have terrorists hijack planes and crash them into the pentagon, into a field and into the two towers in New York? THEY HATE US. It wasnt magically started when Bush came into power 6 years ago! They attacked the towers in 92 with Clinton and HE WANTED TO TALK... and look what that turned into in 01. I have cousins fighting in Iraq that, when they come back every year or so, are blown away to hear that on the news that we are losing! They fight everyday by cleaning up IEDs and the three of them have never felt like they were anything less than spanking them! It is going to take a long time.. IT IS A FREAKING WAR! in 5 years there have been 2500 deaths... does anyone know how many deaths there were in just the pacific theatre of WWII? This is a whole new type of war that we are WINNING. Why cant we give Iraq and Afghanistan democracy? Why should we allow terrorist muslim nations to exist? They hate you, bateater, and that is factual. Would you fly over there and attept to sit town and chit chat with Bin Laden to negotiate a cease fire? Hell, talk to Mr. Ahmadinejad (Iran's leader) and tell him to chill out. We are done with talking, guys. They need to be destroyed because I want my kids safe and my grandkids and their grandkids safe. Talking... what a joke. And to have this be an "Oil war"... WHO THE F IS MAKING THE OIL?! WHAT?! ARE WE GOING TO AIR-LIFT THE WHOLE COUNTRY TO AMERICA AND STEAL THEIR OIL!!?? Our next president (who WILL be a republican) will finally pass a law to completely cut us off from foreign oil... has anyone heard of Brazil? They pay NO ONE for fuel!! Ethanol and corn derived fuel is the future.. sadly, it means by by to current combustion engines but HELLO TO 49 CENTS A GALLON!!! Can you imagine only paying 5 bucks to fill your car with a fuel THAT GROWS BACK!!! America wants to be rid of oil. Only a republican president can protect the country while looking for the future, not for the moment.. gay marraige, abortions... WHO CARES RIGHT NOW!!! TERRORISTS HATE GAYS! THEY HATE AMERICAN BABIES!!!! THEY DO NOT CARE TO EVEN KILL THEIR OWN!
++1 And they blew up 2 of our buildings...we blew up 2 of their countries. So I would say that we are winning the war.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:47 AM
HCF Member

Boy! You lot had a crazy debate, where was I? I am a Muslim with non compromising views. I know it was a long time ago but if I could be allowed to make a few observations.. Agreed with Marty that debate is all good.

Israel/Palestine; well some people argue that this area has always been in conflict and they quote the crusades to prove their point. Although there is some truth to that, owing to the fact that the 3 main religions and their denominations all lay claim to that area, there was a distinct era when there was peace in the region. For almost 1100 years in two separate periods Islamic law was implemented on the land through the Islamic Civilisation. During those years, its true that Jews were expelled from the land at the behest of the Christians. There is a contract from the original entry of the Muslims into that land, which is in a museum in Turkey for all to see where, the Christian people of Palestine stated that they would only accept Islamic rule if the Muslims would rule according to justice and security. They also stipulated that Jews should be expelled from the area, something that the head of the Coptic Church, (one of the oldest Christian groups, even older than Catholicism) has stated in a recent address to the world community over the attrocities committed in Palestine as a reminder to Muslim leaders in the Arab world about their promise to Christians.

Those original Christian Palestininans also stated that the Amir (leader of the Muslims) must place one of his personal guard to oversee the Church of the Holy Sepulchre- the site where Jesus was born, due to there being fights breaking out between the different Christian factions.

Now the issue about Jews being expelled from Palestine...a lot of people may shout anti semitism and oppression or the like. Well those Jews ended up in Muslim Spain, Turkey and North Africa. After the Spanish inquisition the Jews all fled from spain to Morocco, Algeria and Egypt, where far from being oppressed they attained high positions in government and as traders. Jewish jazz which is widely recognised as a unique style of music, much older than American jazz came from a place called the Jewish quarter in Algeria.

Throughout the ages it has been Muslims who have looked after Jews in their lands, where they flourished.

My point is simple, there is something about the Islamic political system that ensures justice and rights for people of different religions. The Muslims had a civilisation that span over 1300 years and had under its influence more than half of the world. It did this despite the huge range of cultures and religions that it encountered. We can still see the original Churches in East Africa that were under Islamic rule, we see temples in India, these people were not converted by the sword, they were accepted and they still exist today, a testament to the Islamic political system.

Islam as a political entity has a constitution addressing topics such as ruling, education, social welfare, economics, penal codes and foreign policy. I guess why Muslims would be upset at the West would be because they are never allowed to pursue their own political destinies and instead have to implement suedo democratic dictators.

Someone once said that stiffling of political freedom and the absence of political Islam is what leads to international terrorism. I find this a truthful statement. At the end of the day there is a huge mistrust of Muslims from the West that allows the 'boogie man' concept to allow our governments to do what they want.

I disagree with the statement that there is a war on terror. I believe that there is a war of ideologies instead, and that democracy is redundant, only for the fact that its been around for 300 years and has caused more pain on Earth than any other system, that is the hard fact that proponents of democracy do not wish to face up to, and look to an easy target of Islam.

Open this to debate.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Are you serious? This thread is almost 2.5 years old. Did you really feel it necessary to bump it? What are you doing looking at 2+ year old threads anyway?

Old 02-08-2009, 11:18 AM

damn dude

Old 02-09-2009, 12:56 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by khomol

I disagree with the statement that there is a war on terror. I believe that there is a war of ideologies instead, and that democracy is redundant, only for the fact that its been around for 300 years and has caused more pain on Earth than any other system, that is the hard fact that proponents of democracy do not wish to face up to, and look to an easy target of Islam.

Open this to debate.
Although it is generally believed that democracy was created in one particular place and time —identified as Ancient Athens about the year 508 BC — there is evidence to suggest that democratic forms of government, in a broad sense, may have existed in several areas of the world well before the turn of the 5th century.

Democracy has existed for longer the 300 years. In fact it has existed for about 2500 years by my count. Get your facts straight next time.

Last edited by Tiran; 02-09-2009 at 07:30 PM.

Quick Reply: How Bout Them Planes?!