The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Horrible night

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 08:45 PM
HCF Member
Default Horrible night

So me and about 9 friends went to this local mardi gras parade last night. We were a little late so we drove around fast trying to find a parking spot. We see someone pull into this lot so we follow and park. We jump out and go to the parade... Then after its over and we have all had our fun we walk back to the cars. We find parking tickets on each one. Its dark out so we take our phones out to read them. It says we owe $75 cash for each car (we took 3 cars, a blazer, 3000gt and a tarus). Then we keep on reading and it says we have to call a number in order to get our cars back. We were like were all confused about why they would say that until we found that they put those boot things on each of the cars! So now we are stuck in a parking lot unable to move anywhere until we call these guys to pay them and have them take the boots off. We call, they come and tell us we have to pay right now in cash. We are all around 15-17 years old and we dont carry $225 bucks around to get the three cars back. So we tell them we have to call some people to get the money. They tell us we have 30 minutes to get the money. They are going to get some more cars and if we dont have the money by the time they get back, they are going to tow each car and then we will have to pay $500 for each car. So we gather all our cash and luckily on of our buddies stops by and gives us the extra $50 bucks we needed to get to $225. They come back, we give the money, we leave. End of story.

The thing is these guys are not cops. They are not security. We later find a sign that says we cannot park there or we get finned, bla bla. So anyway do you think its legal to charge someone $75 cash on the spot or your car gets towed even though they have the sign there?

Old 02-18-2007, 09:14 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Horrible night

there was a thread on honda-tech were a guy actualy slightly moved th e boot and took his wheel off while leaving the boot on the car. talk about pwned boot

Old 02-18-2007, 09:27 PM
HCF Member

Ya we thought about that. But they prolly wrote our plate numbers down.

Old 02-18-2007, 09:42 PM
HCF Member

wow seems kinda fishy that they aren't cops.

Old 02-18-2007, 09:49 PM
HCF Member

was it a businesses parking lot? if it was, i would contact the business and see if any one else has reported this.

Old 02-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Ben

I'd of pulled the same thing that guy on hondatech did.

Old 02-18-2007, 11:04 PM
Stinky Administrator

thats a bunch of bs man, glad it worked out tho

Old 02-18-2007, 11:32 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: cbaber

So anyway do you think its legal to charge someone $75 cash on the spot or your car gets towed even though they have the sign there?
it was private property, no?

doesn't sound like it should be illegal to me.

Old 02-19-2007, 12:25 AM

dam man.. well atleast your car didnt get hurt

Old 02-19-2007, 02:38 AM
HCF Member

i would have called triple A, and have them tow me to my house, then break that F***ing boot off haha

Quick Reply: Horrible night