The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

honda's motor is bass-ackwards

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 05:33 PM
Default honda's motor is bass-ackwards

combined post whoring here. first of all I would just like to let it be known that today I reached 3rd gear status. OH YEAH BABY. dont hate me cause you aint me. anywayz......

the next thing I have to say has anyone noticed that the '03 and up honda accords have the motor flipped around. the intake manifold is now in the front (along with the throttle body) and the exhaust manifold comes out the back now. i saw this today at the dealership when i was looking under the hood. anyone know if the new civics are the same? that is cool. makes sense too since that is the natural order of things on the way the air should flow, you know front to back that is.

Old 07-19-2005, 06:59 PM
Default RE: honda's motor is bass-ackwards

No, I haven't noticed cause I'm lookin for a Civic and I don't even bother about the Accords.

Old 07-19-2005, 07:01 PM

i wonder how u got so many posts jp man

Old 07-19-2005, 07:05 PM

ORIGINAL: civicboy01

that is too funny.

hey, just look at the k motors.

Old 07-20-2005, 12:14 AM
HCF Member

civics arent yet, but the rsx's and the civic SI is. its mainly for emmissions. it puts the cat closer to the engine, which heats it faster, so it gets better startup ratings. that and they switched it to the other side of the bay to make it spin the same direction as the rest of the motors in the world. that way racers can start using them for RWD tube chassis cars and use readily available rear ends.

Old 07-20-2005, 12:15 AM

ORIGINAL: blackeyes

hey, just look at the k motors.
what I was gonna say

Old 07-20-2005, 01:33 AM

never seen a k motor. need to check one out. when did they start producing them?

hey civicboy: wtf? omg! heh heh

hey sacs... that is cool to know, i'd like to see some rwd civs, be interesting to see them compete in the drifting world. does that mean you could have an awd civ too with the new configuration?

Old 07-20-2005, 04:03 AM
HCF Member

all the cool cars are tht way... normal, haha.

Just Kidding. My Corolla is that way also.

Old 07-20-2005, 01:50 PM

ORIGINAL: polo708

all the cool cars are tht way... normal, haha.

Just Kidding. My Corolla is that way also.
yeah? ha ha, honda owners are definiteley not normal i agree with that but, normal is boring.

no kidding on your corolla motor huh? my brother owned the body style before yours but it wasnt the "S" model or anything. anyway, i did his tune up for him, that was the first time i had seen vvti ignition. i was amazed because there was no distributor cap (which i'm not sure if i like, i'm kinda old fashioned when it comes to cars. i like moving parts that are easy to diagnose and replace). oh yeah i think his motor was old style too. pretty sure the headers came out the front, but dont quote me on that because at the time i wasnt as quick at catching something like that. i'm still learning, i have learned alot in the past 3 years just from playing with my and other people's cars.

youre going to fort polk soon right? or are you already there? whenever you do maybe me, you, street sniper and anybody else in louisiana at the time can meet up to go to the track.

Old 07-20-2005, 04:10 PM

ORIGINAL: blackeyes

ORIGINAL: civicboy01

that is too funny.
my semtiments exactly... j/k

Quick Reply: honda's motor is bass-ackwards