The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Honda Canada Sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Default Honda Canada Sucks!

I live in Canada and I was travelling to the US this past Christmas. I had a problem with steering and so stopped and checked into a hotel. My baby boy was sick and getting worse. I called Honda Roadside Asisstance. They sent a Tow truck and I handed the driver my key. My car was towed to a dealership. Apparently the tow truck driver left the hand brake on and towed most of the way wiping out the rear brakes, drums, bearings etc. He must have realized his mistake before getting there and cleverly released the handbrake before rolling into the dealership. The Tech at the dealership found the drums very hot and so opened and found the parts ruined. I have since repaired at a dealership in Canada but Honda refuses to take responsibility for the tow company they use. They say I have to take the matter up with the Towers, who of course are denying they left the handbrake on. I am left in the lurch by Honda Canada. Never buy Honda! They do not honor their warranty and will try to blame the problem on a third party. How can I know they will not do the same with any other in-warranty claim in future? Isn't there some law to protect people from this kind of crookery? Anyone with knowledge of what my next step should be, please reply.
Thanks

Old 03-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Honda Canada Sucks!

well it really isnt the dealerships problem but it is the towing companies problem! get a statement from the tech that said the drums where really hot and then take that to the towing company and demand them to pay for the repair since it was the tow truck drivers mistake lead to the whole disaster! demand them paying the full repair for the brakes and if they dont take them to court and file with BBB if posible.... not sure how canada works up there....

Old 03-07-2008, 02:32 PM
HCF Member

Dont blame honda for that, it is the tow truck peoples fault, how could they not stop if they heard the tires screeching? tow truck people are the biggest crooks.

Old 03-07-2008, 02:39 PM
HCF Member

So if you buy a TV from Sears, and teh TV blows up, you take it back to sears and they tell you to talk to the manufacturer for the issue, and the manufacturer says that it's not covered by the warranty, who do you blame? sears or the manufacturer? obviously the manufacturer...

this is basically the same situation, except the manufacturer is not the one who caused the issue. It is obviously the towing companies fault, and the issue should be taken up with them...

Old 03-08-2008, 07:38 PM
HCF Member

Just plain ignorant.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:20 AM
HCF Member

Why do you leave thehand break on anyway? I never left mine on... I'm guessing you have an automatic? Even if you have a manual, leaving the car in gear will keep it from moving. But basically, its not honda's fault that the driver's retarded. It's also not a factory defect. So why not buy from them?

Old 03-10-2008, 10:31 AM

Sure. Lets all blame the Canadians for everything.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:41 AM
HCF Member

you will find this happens a lot. no one wants to say yeah its our fault, and then give you money for it. Everyone will deny it untill you can prove otherwise.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:46 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ROFLmao

Sure. Lets all blame the Canadians for everything.
or blame the Americans for all the worlds problems ... ***

Old 03-12-2008, 06:38 PM

Thanks for your replies guys. I forgot to mention that I called Honda Roadside Assisstance as it is part of a new car warranty coverage. They are the ones who called the tow company. Now they say that they take no responsibility for what the tow company that they dispatched. I know towers are crooks, but why should I have to dealwith them when Honda is the one who provides this coverage. If for example the car was to break down and Honda asks me to take it to one of the dealerships and then dealership screws up but refuses to fix my car, I would take it up with Honda not the dealership right? I think Honda should take responsibilty for the companies who's services they use to address customers problems.