The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

hit a curb...RAH

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 09:21 PM
Default hit a curb...RAH

well...it snowed last night and it wasnt to much but it was enough to have a little fun in. so i went to this school near buy to do some "drifting" and i had some fun, no problems. then i decided to leave and to leave the parking lot you have to go through this kinda narrow area so i was driving kinda slow, maybe like 10mph, and there was a ton of slush around and all of a sudden i lose control and the wheels start spinning out and about a second after, i nail the crub with the front right wheel[:@]. i pull over and take a quick look at it and everything seemed to be ok, no bumber damage or tire damage. then i start driving and i noticed it pulled to the right a lot, it felt a lil wobbly, and the steering wheel shook alot. right then i knew the alinement was gone. when i got home i took a closer look at the wheel and it seemed to be very slightly dented[:'(]. as far as i know its probably only the wheel and alinement but there coulda have beeen more damage to the control arms and such. right now isnt the best time either cuz i have about $40 in my pocket and getting this fixed will prolly end up being my xmas gift from my rents...bah! im so pissed off right now, i just had to vent....

some good news tho, last night a buddy of mine told me a drift team wanted to start up a small team in maryland and he asked me if i wanted to join. its pretty strict, no rice, no muscle, no drag. totally legal and very competitive. i've got untill spring to think about it but so far it sounds pretty sweet. dont remember the name right now but ill post it once i remember.

Old 12-09-2005, 09:26 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: hit a curb...RAH

We got like 6in of snow last night so i hit up a local parking lot. The car felt like it was gonna flip over at one point. Do u have a RWD car that you are gonna drift with?

Old 12-09-2005, 09:38 PM

na, just with the civic. when my friend asked me i was like....i have a civic you know...but he asked that drift team if a civic would be aloud on and apparently its alright. so far the team in maryland would consist of a wrx wagon, rwd miata, civic, protege5, and a gti. were looking for more ppl around here but its kinda hard cuz theres a bunch of mustangs and not to many ppl actully drift in this area, mainly just drag.

Old 12-09-2005, 09:39 PM
HCF Member

Do you drift in parking lots or do u have a track somewhere?

Old 12-09-2005, 09:49 PM

parking lots. the most popular kinda racing around here is drag. there are some autox events but not very many ppl do it. which means there arnt any courses around here that allow drifting that i know of.

Old 12-09-2005, 09:52 PM
HCF Member

i hope a track..else your going to be having alot of run-ins with the police, that sucks about your wheel tho, thats why i never do any of that stuff with my civic..i dont want to hurt her

Old 12-09-2005, 10:11 PM
HCF Member

drifting in a FWD car is pretty tough. and it can be murder on your vehicle.

Old 12-09-2005, 10:46 PM

now i remember the team... its called "Shinsoku Racing".

Old 12-09-2005, 11:15 PM
HCF Member

thats a bummer about the wheel. thats why im afraid of doing some '*** dragging' cause im afraid to crash. if you really want to get into the drift thing id pick up an early 90s nissan 240sx. ive seen them going for under $2,000. with the front wheel civic it will be a lot harder and way harder on the car.

Old 12-10-2005, 04:33 AM

bad lucky buddy

Quick Reply: hit a curb...RAH