The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Headline: Officials in S.C. want to sterilize bad parents.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 09:23 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Headline: Officials in S.C. want to sterilize bad parents.

ORIGINAL: xmctech

Two problems with forced sterilization. First, what is the criteria for being able to reproduce? Employment only or type of employment? Will a five figure income suffice or is six mandatory? How about school grades, or physique? Is looks a factor?
Second, no politician in his or her right mind would even think about backing this bill because it would be political suicide. I have no problem with our nation feeding it's hungry, in a country a wealthy as ours there's no excuse whatsoever for people not having anything to eat. My problem is people not having to do anything for their food. I say if you want to eat then grab a shovel & work for it. Bring back the WPA, so we get at least a little return on our tax dollars.
xmctech

Youve obviously never been to Charleston, Atlanta, or New Orleans.

Old 10-08-2006, 09:37 AM
HCF Member

Sterilization should be the first response to:

A Bad parents
B Ugly people
C Stupid People
D All of the above
E Any combination of the above

I think people should have to apply for a permit to have children, and during the permit process they need to have psycological reviews and parenting classes. Also they should chop the pictures of the parents and make sure the kid won't be ugly as ****.

Old 10-08-2006, 11:42 PM

Being ugly is not a big deal. Fat I have a problem with though.

Old 10-08-2006, 11:51 PM
HCF Member

Two problems with forced sterilization. First, what is the criteria for being able to reproduce? Employment only or type of employment? Will a five figure income suffice or is six mandatory? How about school grades, or physique? Is looks a factor?
Second, no politician in his or her right mind would even think about backing this bill because it would be political suicide. I have no problem with our nation feeding it's hungry, in a country a wealthy as ours there's no excuse whatsoever for people not having anything to eat. My problem is people not having to do anything for their food. I say if you want to eat then grab a shovel & work for it. Bring back the WPA, so we get at least a little return on our tax dollars.
xmctech
On that second paragraph you sound like you agree that they are just handing out the money to people for no reason. Is that what you meant? that they get that money and dont even deserve it because they dont work for it.

Old 10-09-2006, 08:19 AM
HCF Member

I know. He complelty contradicted his argument in the second paragraph. Its exactly what I was talking about.

Old 10-09-2006, 07:41 PM

I didn't contradict anything, I'm against forced sterilization & I'm against handouts. Fix the system. On another note, who would pay for the sterilization? Do we do just the men or women too? Doing just the men would be cheaper, but then there'd be a sex discrimination suit. There would probably be racial discrimination suits as well. I have a hard time seeing this passing, but who knows?
xmctech

Old 10-09-2006, 07:59 PM
HCF Member

Yeah true its the system they have to fix, maybe that way the people will actually have kids because they want to not because they want extra money.

Old 10-09-2006, 09:04 PM

I didn't contradict anything, I'm against forced sterilization & I'm against handouts. Fix the system. On another note, who would pay for the sterilization? Do we do just the men or women too? Doing just the men would be cheaper, but then there'd be a sex discrimination suit. There would probably be racial discrimination suits as well. I have a hard time seeing this passing, but who knows?
xmctech
i would pay for sterilization in my taxes, instead of paying for people to freeload with my tax money